SaaS Multi tenant limitations

Is there anywhere that lists the limitations and restrictions for the multi tenant cloud version of Epicor 10?

I would also love to know that! We are normally figuring them out everytime we find ourselves stuck.

1 Like

What have you noticed so far? The main thing I have noticed is no server side methods unless an epicor consultant does it for you.

There was a nice PowerPoint from Insights 2017 that compared Single, Dedicated, and Multi-tenant but I can’t seem to find it.

Off the top of my head: No code in BPMs, no Product Configurator (with code anyway), and the update schedule you already know.

Mark W.

Actually, you do get the product configurator, but the coding experience is more limited yes. No sever side methods. Document / revision rules have to be done through the “expression builder”, but your event handlers and UD methods can have c# code (with some restrictions)

What about BAQ / UD tables? I have been trying to figure how to use those and I was wonder if the options just were not there…

UD Tables are currently ‘hard coded’ - e.g. the legacy V8 / E9 style of a fixed set of UD columns per table with hard coded names like ‘Number01’

Hmm, so what menu would I find them under?

I found some more limitations:

Unavailable Programs in Cloud Multi-Tenant and Cloud Dedicated Tenancy

This topic lists the programs that may not be available in either the Epicor Cloud ERP Multi-Tenant client or the Cloud ERP Dedicated Tenant client.
Production Management > Engineering > General Operations > Mass Operation Replace
Production Management > Engineering > General Operations > Mass Part Replace/Delete
Production Management > Engineering > General Operations > Mass Resource Group Replace
Sales Management > Customer Relationship Management > General Operations > Salesperson Workbench
System Management > External Business Activity Query > External Datasource Types
System Management > External Business Activity Query > External Datasources
System Management > External Business Activity Query > External Datasource Metadata
System Management > Purge/Cleanup Routines > System Activity Log Purge
System Setup > System Maintenance > Extended Properties
System Management > Schedule Processes > Enterprice Configurator Server Process
System Management > Schedule Processes > PLM Server Process
System Management > Schedule Processes > Mobile Server Process
System Management > Upgrade/Mass Regeneration > Data Health Check Workbench
System Setup > System Maintenance > Extended UD Table Maintenance
System Setup > Security Maintenance > User Session Log Report

and:

Unavailable Programs in Cloud Multi-Tenant

This topic lists the additional programs that may not be available in the Epicor Cloud ERP - Multi-Tenant client.
Sales Management > Customer Relationship Management > General Operations > Salesperson Workbench Tracker
System Management > Solution Management > Solution Element Entry
System Management > Solution Management > Solution Type Maintenance
System Management > Solution Management > Solution Workbench
System Management > Upgrade/Mass Regeneration > Conversion Workbench
System Setup > System Maintenance > Extended Properties
System Setup > Security Maintenance > Logon Failure Audit Report

Note: Other programs not listed here may also not be available in the Epicor Cloude ERP - Multi Tenant client.

In Multi-tenant Cloud, on most forms, you cannot make customizations on the “Base Only” layer.
When you launch the customization and Base Only check box is disabled, be sure to select the Base node from the tree view.

There is more information about restrictions on BAQ/BPM at https://epicweb.epicor.com/Education/OnlineHelpFeatureSummary/Epicor%20ERP%2010/10.1.600/Help/enu/Standard/SaaS/MT.Guide.Intro.html

2 Likes

Advanced BPMs that use code are allowed but must be submitted via email request. SaaS will then review and activate if approved. I suppose that means you can create but comment out everything, and then SaaS will uncomment once approved. My team develops offline using our own server (but that’s cheating).
Configurator code allowed too but again via email request to activate.
Crystal reports must be submitted via email for upload.
SSRS you can develop and push back without email request.
Bart_Elia is correct about the user-defined fields. You must use what is already available but can request a new field be added. SaaS will add within 2 weeks of request (from what they told me), but you have no control over the field name as they will likely create the next one in sequence (or fill a gap in the series).

1 Like