Safety Stock should create unfirm jobs.. but it doesn't

We want to do some Kanban levels in our finished goods inventory for a customer. We want to use safety stock and min/max to manage this. According to the help files, the system should create planning jobs to replenish stock level. I am seeing it is creating a suggestion only and not the job. I was told ‘we never got it to work and create them manually’.
Well that’s not great for long lead time assemblies! Is it possible?

Hi Mark,

I am concerned with your MRP run, it looks like you have an old last schedule date in your submission of the task. I recommend you check “dynamic” for the run, to get some reasonable behavior. See this post: MRP - Suggestions - #2 by timshuwy

Also, is the Part Plant source type set to Mfr on the plant for your warehouse MAIN-WW?

Nancy

2 Likes

Yes it’s manufactured, as can be seen right after the suggestion, a sales order is causing a planning job to be created to build more.

I think safety stock only kicks in when there is demand. Min on Hand/SO is demand.

Hi Mark,

Do you have Process MRP checked on the part site tab? This should make an unfirm job instead of a planning suggestion, if the part is setup as mfd in this site.

Nancy

Hi Nancy, yes it’s checked, I found a list of 22 items in this epiccare article:
https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=5d69efc7dbcd1f0823f878dabf9619ac

The problem ended up being the suspicious MRP date you noticed. We allow historical dates so that date really seem to affect anything. But if the MRP schedule start date is before your days of supply for the part, the system won’t do anything. We even had some parts set at 600 days which weren’t being caught up in the net. Anyway, it is creating jobs now and adding qty to existing jobs if it can. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes