Sales Kit with MRP

Thank you very much.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brad_boes" <bboes@...> wrote:
>
> We use Sales Kits with MRP every day. we order the parent number and ship the comnponent parts. MRP generates the needed jobs as your first example states which for us is just what we need. I have not seen any way to do what you are asking through MRP.
>
> As stated below the job side can accomplish this.
>
> Brad Boes
> Metalworks
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <paladinxc@> wrote:
> >
> > Sales Kits are designed for simple billing of standard stock "Packages" of items. It is more for a shipping department to print off a pick list of items to ship.
> >
> > It appears to me that you are prepackaging the kits together, as more of a production process than a shipping process.
> >
> > I would recommend creating a "Packaging" operation that would be the only operation in your "kit" methods. Then there would be a job traveller for them to assemble/gather 20 Part A kits that would include 1 each of Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc.
> >
> > MRP is simply telling you the quantities needed to fullfil the order, but as you have seen, it treats "Sales Kits" as simply needing 3 items to fullfil the order. It cannot comprehend that these 3 items need to be packaged together.
> >
> > Adam
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richard.larose@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a kit of three parts manufactured to produce.
> > > Part A - Sales Kit
> > > - Part 1
> > > - Part 2
> > > - Part 3
> > >
> > > I have to produce for a S/O of 20 Parts (Part A) for the same date (1 line and 1 release).
> > >
> > > I run the MRP process and the sequence is so:
> > > 20x Part 1
> > > 20x Part 2
> > > 20x Part 3
> > >
> > > I would like as follow:
> > > 1x Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
> > > ...
> > >
> > > Is it someone has an idea how to make that? I need each part to do a sales kit and I want to do one kit at the time...
> > >
> >
>
I have a kit of three parts manufactured to produce.
Part A - Sales Kit
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3

I have to produce for a S/O of 20 Parts (Part A) for the same date (1 line and 1 release).

I run the MRP process and the sequence is so:
20x Part 1
20x Part 2
20x Part 3

I would like as follow:
1x Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Is it someone has an idea how to make that? I need each part to do a sales kit and I want to do one kit at the time...
Sales Kits are designed for simple billing of standard stock "Packages" of items. It is more for a shipping department to print off a pick list of items to ship.

It appears to me that you are prepackaging the kits together, as more of a production process than a shipping process.

I would recommend creating a "Packaging" operation that would be the only operation in your "kit" methods. Then there would be a job traveller for them to assemble/gather 20 Part A kits that would include 1 each of Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc.

MRP is simply telling you the quantities needed to fullfil the order, but as you have seen, it treats "Sales Kits" as simply needing 3 items to fullfil the order. It cannot comprehend that these 3 items need to be packaged together.

Adam

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richard.larose@...> wrote:
>
> I have a kit of three parts manufactured to produce.
> Part A - Sales Kit
> - Part 1
> - Part 2
> - Part 3
>
> I have to produce for a S/O of 20 Parts (Part A) for the same date (1 line and 1 release).
>
> I run the MRP process and the sequence is so:
> 20x Part 1
> 20x Part 2
> 20x Part 3
>
> I would like as follow:
> 1x Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
> ...
>
> Is it someone has an idea how to make that? I need each part to do a sales kit and I want to do one kit at the time...
>
We use Sales Kits with MRP every day. we order the parent number and ship the comnponent parts. MRP generates the needed jobs as your first example states which for us is just what we need. I have not seen any way to do what you are asking through MRP.

As stated below the job side can accomplish this.

Brad Boes
Metalworks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <paladinxc@...> wrote:
>
> Sales Kits are designed for simple billing of standard stock "Packages" of items. It is more for a shipping department to print off a pick list of items to ship.
>
> It appears to me that you are prepackaging the kits together, as more of a production process than a shipping process.
>
> I would recommend creating a "Packaging" operation that would be the only operation in your "kit" methods. Then there would be a job traveller for them to assemble/gather 20 Part A kits that would include 1 each of Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc.
>
> MRP is simply telling you the quantities needed to fullfil the order, but as you have seen, it treats "Sales Kits" as simply needing 3 items to fullfil the order. It cannot comprehend that these 3 items need to be packaged together.
>
> Adam
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richard.larose@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a kit of three parts manufactured to produce.
> > Part A - Sales Kit
> > - Part 1
> > - Part 2
> > - Part 3
> >
> > I have to produce for a S/O of 20 Parts (Part A) for the same date (1 line and 1 release).
> >
> > I run the MRP process and the sequence is so:
> > 20x Part 1
> > 20x Part 2
> > 20x Part 3
> >
> > I would like as follow:
> > 1x Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
> > ...
> >
> > Is it someone has an idea how to make that? I need each part to do a sales kit and I want to do one kit at the time...
> >
>