Sales Order-approval

Ya, It s working fine without customization.Thank you so much.

Regards,
Deepa.M

----- Original Message ----
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:56:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Sales Order-approval

If you have assigned security roles to your users, it may be possible to leverage that to quite simply prevent users without job creation security rights to invoke the order job wizard. Allow only users with the appropriate roles to launch order job wizard from the job entry Actions menu.

If this works (I've never tried it) - you will have accomplished your goal with no customization. (The order job wizard Action menu item will always be greyed out and inactive for these users if this works.)

If it doesn't work, customization is likely your best option as this is a very application specific behavior you are trying to enforce.

You may be able to trap the order job wizard via the appropriate before_method event trigger and have it check to for order approval (and/or user security roles) before continuing. Again, as it is Action menu launched (and I don't recall if it is a method or an actual sub-process) this may or may not work.

The last thing I would try is removing Order Job Wizard from the Action menu and adding an epicustombutton to take its place as the trigger for launching order job wizard. You would then have total freedom to do condition checking on button click event and only then launch order job wizard if your conditions (order approval & perhaps user security role check) are met.

For security role checking, you will need to use one of the UI session methods ("who am I" I believe) to get the user ID, add a custom function with the appropriate custom assemblies to poke into the user group tables & search for the users' security roles, look up the users' roles via this function, and then only allow order job wizard to be invoked if they meet your security role criteria.

I'm not connected vantage right now to quickly check a few things or I could be more specific.

If you end up checking user security roles in a customization, I just did something similar in vendor approval so I'd be glad to share code snippets offline.

Good luck!

Rob Brown

--- On Sat, 4/19/08, deep luv <deepait_10@yahoo. com> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] Sales Order-approval
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com, "vantage Moderator" <vantage-owner@ yahoogroups. com>
Date: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 4:06 AM

Hi,

I am customising salesorder entry for sales order approval. It means, Once it is approved then only it allows to create a job.

Would you please help me, what function will be used to create such condition?

Or is there any other way to mention that it is approved without customization?

Regards,

Deepa.M

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

____________________________________________________________________________________
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Hi,
I am customising salesorder entry for sales order approval. It means, Once it is approved then only it allows to create a job.

Regards,
Deepa.M

____________________________________________________________________________________
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

If you have assigned security roles to your users, it may be possible to leverage that to quite simply prevent users without job creation security rights to invoke the order job wizard. Allow only users with the appropriate roles to launch order job wizard from the job entry Actions menu.

If this works (I've never tried it) - you will have accomplished your goal with no customization. (The order job wizard Action menu item will always be greyed out and inactive for these users if this works.)

If it doesn't work, customization is likely your best option as this is a very application specific behavior you are trying to enforce.

You may be able to trap the order job wizard via the appropriate before_method event trigger and have it check to for order approval (and/or user security roles) before continuing. Again, as it is Action menu launched (and I don't recall if it is a method or an actual sub-process) this may or may not work.

The last thing I would try is removing Order Job Wizard from the Action menu and adding an epicustombutton to take its place as the trigger for launching order job wizard. You would then have total freedom to do condition checking on button click event and only then launch order job wizard if your conditions (order approval & perhaps user security role check) are met.

For security role checking, you will need to use one of the UI session methods ("who am I" I believe) to get the user ID, add a custom function with the appropriate custom assemblies to poke into the user group tables & search for the users' security roles, look up the users' roles via this function, and then only allow order job wizard to be invoked if they meet your security role criteria.

I'm not connected vantage right now to quickly check a few things or I could be more specific.

If you end up checking user security roles in a customization, I just did something similar in vendor approval so I'd be glad to share code snippets offline.

Good luck!

Rob Brown

--- On Sat, 4/19/08, deep luv <deepait_10@...> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] Sales Order-approval
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com, "vantage Moderator" <vantage-owner@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 4:06 AM

Hi,

Regards,

Deepa.M