Sales Order Entry Pro-Forma, Method To Prevent Manufacturing?

The business I currently work at has an unusual method of creating Pro-Forma’s, however at the end of this year I’ll have migrated from V8 to E10 so we can then work towards following Epicor’s preferred method of Pro-Forma Invoices being generated via Sales Order Entry. However, some in the business have a fear of manufacturing demand being created before the customer has paid the Pro-Forma, so what do others consider the best method of preventing manufacturing demand whilst having a fully fleshed out Sales Order and associated lines?

Is Make Direct on the Release the best course of action? (so many at my current employer don’t even understand what a Release is!). I’m aware of marking a Sales Order as being on hold, however I’ve always assumed that this only affect shipments and Process MRP will still pick up the demand?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

I had similar situation and the solution we came up with was to set all proforma customers on credit hold and leave the release lines on unpaid proforma orders unfirm and not have a ship by date.

This causes the proforma orders to be displayed at the bottom of time phase with no date, which pleases purchasing, and also MRP has no dates to capture demand against.

We then built a method directive against the ‘CreditMgr’ method to set the release date (payment date + ? days) and firm the release when payment is received and also set the credit override flag on the order to true.

Cheers.

1 Like

Our process is to leave the ShipDate blank. If the release doesn’t have one, MRP won’t pick it up to schedule the job, and you can be able to filter Fulfillment Workbench by date as well.

We’ve got BPM’s that strip the ShipDate when orders go on hold as well, and for warehouse goods, enter today’s date when they are off hold.

1 Like