Sales Order - standing order

We have a legacy system business process that creates a months worth of sales orders e.g.

10 items required
frequency weekly/fortnightly/monthly

so the weekly one in an Epicor sales order this appears to be entered as 10 lines with 52 releases

now even with some cut and pasting that would be 520 release lines, a massive end of year process as we have quite a few of these.

Has anyone implemented anything like this in E10?

Cheers

Do you have DMT? This wouldn’t be too difficult with that, at least to enter the sales order.

It is not on the list of licences that I have, so unless it is part of the standard Epicor 10 then probably not.

It’s a separate licence/purchase but worth every penny

The blurb on the Epicor site has DMT as both Data Management and Data Migration, which is it. This is not a migration activity but a yearly set up for the year ahead.

DMT can be used for basically anything you want to be able to consume data into Epicor. Lot’s of people use it for legacy data migration, but it is also extremely useful as an automation tool because it can take data and run it through the Epicor BO’s much faster than a user could.
I use it every day to create mass misc. receipts and UD100 records from external systems.
If this is a 1 time thing for you, you might not need it, but if you plan on automating anything, it’s an excellent tool to have

It is an end of year task to setup templates for the following year. I had envisioned some UDFs on sales order that identifies this as the template for the year, how frequent it would create an order etc. A monthly job would take these templates and create sales orders for the month ahead.

Not sure if the DMT job could do this and also run automatically monthly?

Thanks for the pointers.

Yes you could automate this task with DMT and Powershell via the DMT CLI. It’s also awesome because you can call Epicor BAQs from DMT, export the data, and consume them into a DMT template to push that data back through. Very powerful tool.
You might consider asking your CAM for either a demo or a demo license to try it out, if they can do that.

While DMT is very cool, this sounds a lot like Demand Management. Do you have this module?

1 Like

I have checked demand management and it is very similar to order entry if I am reading this correctly from the user guide, each manual demand entry record has a line for each product, each line has a schedule so would require 520 schedule lines like the 520 release lines. It is the inability to repeat the whole 10 line order for 52 weeks that makes it time consuming and error prone.

Did you read the section about perocity? I would think you would only have a ten line order that is set for weekly deliveries. Demand Management would then create the Sales Orders/Forceast records for you as you need them.

2 Likes

Mark,

Thanks for the reply,

The problem with DM Periodicity is that it is the schedule of deliveries to the customer, not the schedule of what is ordered.
We have customer who can have weekly and monthly scheduled orders and we ship usually next day delivery. Our products can have a short shelf life.

I am thinking that the only way forward might be to have a data directive on the save of the first release for a line that would automatically create the additional release records. As this would only be done on contract setup or yearly renewal it would not have to be super efficient.

How do they send you these orders? Demand Management is made for EDI so I would think you could just import their schedule directly into Demand Management as this is its use case.

1 Like

Not EDI, they are contract agreements (some of which allow amendments by email).

Ok, I have now cracked half of what I needed.

I have code that will duplicate all lines of a sales order x number of times, incrementing the release required date by the correct amount (so will produce 51 new releases for each line of the sales order).

Now this is fine for half of these types of order my client has as they will all be on the same customer PO number.

The other half need a PO per weekly release. This appears to be indicating that I may need to create 51 new orders for the one I have templated. The SalesOrderImpl.CopyOrder is what my trace appears to show does the copying from the menu ‘Copy Order’. Is there a way I can programatically call this repeatedly and then modify the required date?

Cheers guys