Scheduled Task Running an Hour Later Every Day

Last Friday I set up a recurring task to Generate Global Scheduling every morning at 3am. I setup the recurring task, and I also setup a new schedule (not sure on the right terminology)* that was set to run at 3am daily.

*EDIT: I used the System Agent Maintenance to create a new Schedule in the Schedules tab. The image shows the next run at 7am, but when I set this up it was set to 3am. Clearly this has been increasing itself each day.

I looked at the Event Monitor this morning and the process is happening an hour later each day. The scheduled tasks shows that it will happen again tomorrow morning at 7am.

What’s going on here?

1 Like

Very odd I’m going to have to check our tasks and see if we have the same situation. It’s like the schedule runs on a 25hour day instead…

The help file says I have to add the tasks to a process set. I didn’t setup a process set. But I am only running global scheduling and not calculate global scheduling order. Do I still need a process set for this to run correctly?

PRB0255057 / ERPS-202327
The Next Run value in System Agent->Schedules->Detail changes based on the Time Zone chosen in the same screen, when a Scheduled report runs.

Once the report runs, check the Next Run value in System Agent; it will have advanced one hour for the next day.

Possible Temp Workaround:
Schedule using Central Time (CST)

I wonder if @JeffLeBert still owns the TA. Nothing he can do, its already a reported and Work-In-Progress Bug. But I miss Jeff!

3 Likes

Starting in K2022.1, I think the Time Zone is on the System Agent. Is that populated for you @NateS?

Yes, You can see in my first picture the time zone was set (-5:00). Since reading the help file on global scheduling again, I decided to delete this system agent schedule of daily 3am, and instead I added a process set. Although I don’t see a way to set the process set to recurring.
It looks like I am going to need both the process set and the system agent schedule to make it recur daily. Does anyone else schedule the global scheduling task to happen daily? How did you set that up?

1 Like

So Now I have a process set saved with the Global Scheduling in it. The process set is set to daily - every day. I didn’t set the next run time, but for some reason it filled that in as tomorrow at 11:41am.

Then I went to Global Scheduling and I changed the Schedule Start Date to Dynamic = today. Schedule start time = 3am and the advanced schedule I picked the daily 3am schedule that I created in System Agent. Then I saved the Process Set. Now I can see the global scheduling in the process set, but I don’t see any scheduled task in system agent. This is so needlessly confusing!

Here is what I have setup now. Will this work?

It’s already fixed. Checked with the developer that did the work and they said:

ERPS-200075 - error in calculating next run on date. Fixed in 11.2.300, 11.2.200.4 and will be patched into 11.2.100.15

3 Likes

Awesome! So just wait till the next release?

Well, next patch. 11.2.100.15 if you are on 11.2.100.11. I have no idea what the time frame on patches are…

1 Like

Bit more info here - I caught this, constrained the error, and filed a detailed ticket in May.

The accumulated error is the difference between the selected timezone and your server’s timezone. The workaround until the fix goes live (and it’s proven to work…) is to leave the timezone field blank and use UTC instead. The only downside to the workaround is daylight saving time, as UTC doesn’t do that.

It’s kind of a fun error, in that it shows how a bit of the system works! Normally, a persistent schedule would dynamically act on a fixed time / weekday / day of month / etc. Instead, Epicor’s “repeating” schedule makes a single-instance event with a “repeat” flag, which tells the software to create a subsequent single-instance event, rinse-repeat. What happened here is that the schedule runs on the user’s chosen timezone, but the next-event creation references the server timezone, and we get an accumulating error.

4 Likes

I am still confused. Can anyone tell me how to setup a recurring Global Scheduling?
Do I need a Process Set?
Do I need a System Agent Schedule?
Should Global Scheduling be a task in a System Agent Schedule?

Nate - we have it on it’s own schedule and it runs just after Scheduling Set Order Process (on it’s own schedule as well so the two do not run at the same time).

1 Like

Thanks Mike. Can you talk more about how you set this up? Did you use a process set? Did you setup a “schedule” in System Agent?

no process set. The Calc Order process needs to run before global scheduling, so I just submitted them to the task agent like this:

1 Like