Scheduling - Two pallet system - one spindle - two jobs

Dear Experts

Anyone has experience with two pallet systems in E10?

There is a two pallet system with only one spindle we want to set up for jobs running in the same window of time.

Right now I have no idea how to set this up in E10 so the jobs overlap for continued production on more than one pallet.

We are trying to get the schedule to put a longer running series of parts in between short running parts without waiting until one job is complete

i.e: Pallet-A running 30 minutes cycle Job and Pallet-B running another Job for 60 minutes a part…

Run a 30 minutes cycle then 60 minutes cycles, then back to the 30 minutes cycle.

This way they both keep going but they are not being run at the same time.

E10 behaviour is, because the 30 minutes cycle will take 300 minutes to complete the job (job qty = 10 pcs), it won’t schedule next job (with 60 mins cycle time) until all the 30 minutes cycles are done… Significant delays in starting the 60 minutes cycle time job.

Any ideas on this?

Splitting operations might work here, but realistically, I don’t see any way to get Epicor to model that behavior. I would seriously consider not running that resource group to the dispatch report, and use the data to manage overloads.

I’ve seen methods to combine dissimilar items in other ERP systems (Syteline 9 in particular), but even that didn’t work all that well. Nothing I’ve seen in Epicor out of the box will achieve what you are attempting, at least in my personal experience with the software.

Thanks Gil for your prompt response :+1:. Am inline with your thoughts.on this scenario.
I couldnt find a way either, to customize Epicor for meeting the requirement.
Do you think, that this could be cracked through customization?

Perhaps, but unless your shop is filled with equipment that runs in this fashion, I’m not sure that it would be worth the effort.

I would certainly investigate the possibility of doing it in off-the-shelf Epicor, however. Every once in a while I am surprised by the scheduler in Epicor. A feature that I’ve seen (that I really appreciate) is the ability to schedule a job with some operations finite and others infinite. Haven’t seen a package that allows that before, and it’s a valuable tool to us.

So, you never know. Wait around and see if anyone else weighs in.