Script to enable controls

> Any other suggestions?
Sorry, no.
I added the same UD field to the default forms in 9.04.505A and it has and it has remained enabled.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "itwepicor" <itwepicor@...> wrote:
>
> I had already tried what you suggested in code - as a matter of fact, I even put a button on the form so that I could run it at will. In the button's code I even included a line to explicitly set the control itself to "enabled." But the control still won't become enabled.
>
> It's as though Epicor refuses to allow any change, lest the cancellation not accurately reflect the invoice from which it was envoked. I could understand that for crucial fields - but there's got to be a way to modify mere UDF fields of a cancellation.
>
> Any other suggestions? Am I missing something huge?
>
> Oh, my version is 9.04.506C.
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@> wrote:
> >
> > Just wondering what version you are running?
> > I added the same UD field to both the invoice and cancellation forms.
> > The UD field I added is enabled by default most of the time.
> > It does become read only depending on my processing steps.
> >
> > If it is not enabled when you need it, maybe you can set the extended properties by calling a sub like this when needed:
> >
> > Private Sub SetExtProps()
> >
> > Dim edvInvcHead As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("InvcHead"), EpiDataView)
> >
> > If edvInvcHead.dataview.Table.Columns.Contains(ShortChar01) Then
> >
> > edv.dataView.Table.Columns("ShortChar01").ExtendedProperties("ReadOnly") = False
> >
> > edv.dataView.Table.Columns("ShortChar01").ExtendedProperties("Enabled") = True
> >
> > End If
> > End Sub
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "itwepicor" <itwepicor@> wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I enable (i.e. "make editable") controls for UDF fields which Epicor has of its own accord made read-only? I put such a control for InvcHead.ShortChar01 onto the Invoice Entry form. No problem for normal invoices; I can edit and save. But credit memos, which I create using "Create Cancellation Invoice" have teh control for that UDF grayed-out so that I can't edit. How can I cause it to be editable?!
> > >
> >
>
How can I enable (i.e. "make editable") controls for UDF fields which Epicor has of its own accord made read-only? I put such a control for InvcHead.ShortChar01 onto the Invoice Entry form. No problem for normal invoices; I can edit and save. But credit memos, which I create using "Create Cancellation Invoice" have teh control for that UDF grayed-out so that I can't edit. How can I cause it to be editable?!
Just wondering what version you are running?
I added the same UD field to both the invoice and cancellation forms.
The UD field I added is enabled by default most of the time.
It does become read only depending on my processing steps.

If it is not enabled when you need it, maybe you can set the extended properties by calling a sub like this when needed:

Private Sub SetExtProps()

Dim edvInvcHead As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("InvcHead"), EpiDataView)

If edvInvcHead.dataview.Table.Columns.Contains(ShortChar01) Then

edv.dataView.Table.Columns("ShortChar01").ExtendedProperties("ReadOnly") = False

edv.dataView.Table.Columns("ShortChar01").ExtendedProperties("Enabled") = True

End If
End Sub

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "itwepicor" <itwepicor@...> wrote:
>
> How can I enable (i.e. "make editable") controls for UDF fields which Epicor has of its own accord made read-only? I put such a control for InvcHead.ShortChar01 onto the Invoice Entry form. No problem for normal invoices; I can edit and save. But credit memos, which I create using "Create Cancellation Invoice" have teh control for that UDF grayed-out so that I can't edit. How can I cause it to be editable?!
>
I had already tried what you suggested in code - as a matter of fact, I even put a button on the form so that I could run it at will. In the button's code I even included a line to explicitly set the control itself to "enabled." But the control still won't become enabled.

It's as though Epicor refuses to allow any change, lest the cancellation not accurately reflect the invoice from which it was envoked. I could understand that for crucial fields - but there's got to be a way to modify mere UDF fields of a cancellation.

Any other suggestions? Am I missing something huge?

Oh, my version is 9.04.506C.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@...> wrote:
>
> Just wondering what version you are running?
> I added the same UD field to both the invoice and cancellation forms.
> The UD field I added is enabled by default most of the time.
> It does become read only depending on my processing steps.
>
> If it is not enabled when you need it, maybe you can set the extended properties by calling a sub like this when needed:
>
> Private Sub SetExtProps()
>
> Dim edvInvcHead As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("InvcHead"), EpiDataView)
>
> If edvInvcHead.dataview.Table.Columns.Contains(ShortChar01) Then
>
> edv.dataView.Table.Columns("ShortChar01").ExtendedProperties("ReadOnly") = False
>
> edv.dataView.Table.Columns("ShortChar01").ExtendedProperties("Enabled") = True
>
> End If
> End Sub
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "itwepicor" <itwepicor@> wrote:
> >
> > How can I enable (i.e. "make editable") controls for UDF fields which Epicor has of its own accord made read-only? I put such a control for InvcHead.ShortChar01 onto the Invoice Entry form. No problem for normal invoices; I can edit and save. But credit memos, which I create using "Create Cancellation Invoice" have teh control for that UDF grayed-out so that I can't edit. How can I cause it to be editable?!
> >
>