Scrolling through grid in Kinetic

Has anyone else had issues scrolling up and down a grid in a kinetic dashboard? I get strange results scrolling up and down. Sometimes half the grid goes blank, like I am at the bottom of the grid, when I am actually in the middle. Sometimes, it will look like the grid has completed loading and I am actually at the bottom of the list, then it adds a few more records jumping my view all around. Surely this is some new feature, not a bug. Right?
Thanks for your time!
Nate

Iā€™m having difficulty as well. It doesnā€™t appear consistent. Thinking it may be a bug

It is a know issue at least in 2021.1.11

1 Like

I am still seeing this issue in 2021.2.13. Is anyone else still seeing it?

1 Like

Yes, still an issue for us!

Seems better in 2022.2, but I havenā€™t been paying too much attention to it. Iā€™ll keep my eye out.

Hi there,
I have noticed that as well, in 2021.2.13 but also in 2022.1.2.
If you use the down arrow of the vertical scroll bar slowly, click by click you will notice that the grid loads records kind of dynamically, but as soon as you reach the end, it jumps to the bottom leaving an empty grid. If you scroll up again you donā€™t get any rows until you are back to the top of the grid and then results re-appear. That is what I see as feature/bug behavior.

Maybe should report this to support.

Tracked under support problem: PRB0240179

Yes, itā€™s buggy. If you sort a column, Iā€™ve found I have to scroll the full length down then back up and itā€™ll work right. Itā€™s like the sort doesnā€™t occur in the background.

Definitely having problems with scrollingā€¦When I scroll past what is visible on the grid I get a few new lines and then everything just repeatsā€¦so I can never actually FIND that which I seek by scrolling in the first placeā€¦

1 Like

We went to 2021.2 a month ago and boy this scrolling thing is a real issue in my book.

Like, we use BAQ tiles on the home screen and there are times when you log in and the tile has some rows of data, but then you scroll a little and they go away and it says ā€œNo records available.ā€ (Not true!) We rely on these tiles for data integrity - they tell us violations of ā€œrulesā€ we have (like donā€™t mark a part as purchased and pull-as-assembly).

So, are people still seeing this in 2021.2 or beyond?

And, this PRB doesnā€™t come up for me. Can someone else see its progress?

You have to go search under Problems.

1 Like

Oh man, that right there is blowing my mind with the special search area. I canā€™t tell you how many timesā€¦

So itā€™s ā€œresolvedā€ in 2022.1? Because their write-up of the problem is nothing like what @NateS described (which is also my complaint) of the grids going blank during scrolling. All they describe in the PRB is the bar itself being skittish.

<rant>
Also, explain to me how I spelled ā€œScrollā€ wrong:

Vs.

[edit] Oh - Wildcard. Well thatā€™sā€¦ ugh why I am even trying to expect something here. Alright, Iā€™ll take it.

<\rant>

Iā€™m on 2022.2.7 itā€™s not fixed and they are aware. Maybe spring.