Security Font or Copy Protection for Printed Documents

Good afternoon,
We are considering using some kind of anti-copy protection on our printed documents. Think job travelers, job control sheets, drawings, and first piece cards. We want to put a small red square on the image to show it has been officially printed and approved. Then if the document is copied we want to show the word “copy” in the red block (which will be black or grey after copying).

I have looked into various methods, and everything seems to point to the fact that we can’t print security features on the same printer we use to copy the documents in question. I hate to think we have to purchase special paper for this. This isn’t for legal reasons it is just for convenience. I did try making a pantograph in Gimp, but it didn’t really work well with our setup. (too readable)

I couldn’t find a security font, or an existing image I could save and print on my reports that would not look the same when photocopied.

Have any of you ever tackled this before?

Just curious . . . why? If the printed document was approved, then the copy will have the same info as the original so what difference does it make?

Agreed. But also, any controlled document is usually invalid once printed. It is a snapshot in time when the document was approved but the status may very well have changed since its printing.

It certainly is not a requirement, but it would look nice. We often have to copy a job control packet to split a lot. We don’t use job splitting in Epicor. We have been doing it manually too long and can’t get away from this without a lot of baby steps. So, when we copy an approved job control packet it should lose its approved status. We don’t use color copiers, so the red box turns grey. If we could add an extra little feature in there to show “COPY” or “SPLIT” it would be nice. After the job packet is copied and it loses its approved status, someone has to review the newly created packet, and reapprove it with a physical stamp. This is tedious and a headache. We really want to split lots properly in Epicor, but the system is really entrenched. :weary:

Does not matter how entrenched it is, as long as it’s a problem, you are just delaying the inevitable. If you know what will fix the issue, it is better to do that then something easier.

And in this case it isn’t even easier!

We don’t know what would fix the issue. Even our highly paid consultant eventually shrugged and said you have to change the way your customers work. Hah!