Setting Actual Part Costs for ERP Migration

Hello,
I am in the process of migrating from an old ERP system to Epicor Kinetic.

While importing the company’s inventory into Epicor, I am running into some challenges. For some background, I am using the Cost Adjustment and Quantity Adjustment DMT templates to accomplish this. Also, we decided on an average costing method for all our parts.

I would like to set the actual part costs on the initial data load so that, as a result, our inventory value in Epicor would match exactly what our inventory value was in our old ERP system. Is this possible? It seems I can only set the average part cost and that cost gets applied to all my quantities in inventory.

If you want actual you will need to go fifo or lot fifo. Even with lot tracked parts the average of the values is what will show on the valuation report.

If you want average then just make sure the summary stock status from Epicor matches the total summaries by part, warehouse, etc. from the previous.so you can validate.

Having done this many times.
Whatever cost method you are doing is where you should load the current cost from the legacy system.
That said, if you will be doing average costing in the new system, load the current cost into the Average Material cost.

When you start transacting, the average cost will self adjust.

BTW - don’t do a physical count at cut over. Take whatever the balance is in the legacy system and import it, including negatives.
Your stock status should then match your general ledger.

Last point - do cost adjustment first, quantity adjustment second, it will go quicker, if you do it in reverse order, there will be multiple transactions for each part bin record.

3 Likes