Setting Site specific GL Division segment, when Part Class GLC is used

We’re using multi-sit, and have successfully configured it to replace the Div segment on Inventory transactions. But seems to break when we use a Part Class GLC to override the inventory account.

For example:

• we have 4 division codes: 00, 11, 16, & 17
  • we have separate GL accts for raw materials and Finished Goods: 1151, & 1153

On a part with no Part Class assigned, a QTY ADJ will make a Part Tran to 1151-xx-01, where xx is the division assigned to the plant. This is what we want.

But on a part with a Part Class of FNGD, which has a GLC set to use 1153-00-01 for Inv/Expense, will always use 1153-00-01, regardless of which site the transaction happens in.

How can I extend the Div substitution to Accts specified in the PartClass GLC?

In the Part Class GLC, set the account as 1153-__ -01. The system will find this from the more granular level of Part Class, realise the middle segment is missing then go to the next level in the hierarchy and find that segment. It’ll keep going up until it finds a complete GL account code that is valid.

Regards
Mark

Back in E9 days we had separate reason codes per site to drive the quantity
adjustment to the proper GL account.

Brad

I was only using QTY-ADJ as method for causing a change to the Inventory or FG accts. I need “standard” transactions (PO Receipt, Rcpt from Job, etc…) to hit the plant specific accounts.

I tried that, but with the blanks in the DIV, it wouldn’t even use the 1153 chart, it created transactions to 1151-11-01. Like it saw the Acct was incomplete and totally ignored it, instead using the Company default (1151) + the Div sub

The highlighted part was had it’s PC set to the FG part class. The PC GLC was set to “1153-00-01”

After changing the FG part Class’s GLC to “1153- -01” and making another QTY adj, the acct is set to 1151-11-01 (the correct Div, but incorrect Chart)

Another disheartening thing … The prior transaction (above the highlighted one shown below) has been changed from 1153-00-01 to 1151-11-01. I’m hoping this is only because the Capture WIP/COS hasn’t been run yet.

What do you have set for GL Account on the GLC at Plant/Site level?

I have GLC setup in Site Maintenance

There are 4 different GLC codes for Division

In Site Maint, there is 1 GLC of type “Division” for each Site. Here’s the one for our GUTH site
The other three are similar, for the other three sites.

I don’t see a GLC type of “Plant/Site” (or anything like that), to even create the GLC codes, let alone wher I would apply them. There is a PLant Transfer, but I’m interested in basic Part Trans, not just TO’s

Show us the account list from within GL Control Code 11 (Type Divison).

This?

To recap…

The Div substitution works for the main Inventory account setup as a GLC in Company Config.

The Inventory account in the GLC code “Default” (type “Inventory COS and WIP”) is

An inventory transaction to a part (with no part class GLC) in plant CHAL will hit 1151-00-01
An inventory transaction to the same part in our GUTH plant will hit 1151-11-01

This is as desired.

However, if the part has a part class with a GLC to override the Inventory acct, with the acct for Finished Goods (1153-xx-01), all inventory transactions hit 1153-00-01, regardless of the plant.

Does the Warehouse have a GL Control, if so remove.
IS the GL account active or created.
Are you using Standard Posting Rules.

GL accts for the other divisions weren’t setup.

It’s always the little things are overlooked.

Thanks.

:crazy_face: