Shared DateVar in Formula field in Crystal in E10

That's probably exactly what happened and you'll have to change the formula. I had to do that to several reports when we converted from Vantage to Epicor 9.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <theresa.goering@...> wrote :

I did uncheck it and map the field, but where the formula previously didn't generate an error on saving, after I mapped the field unchecking the box, it did.  It is as if the field was previously considered a date field, and now in E10 is isn't.  

I'm looking at some reports that are failing the conversion from E905.700C to E10.1.400.14.

In the report data, we are pulling in date fields, and comparing values using a Shared DateVar.  I should issue a disclaimer right here and say I didn't write these reports, I inherited them.  I'm not that fancy with Crystal.  At any rate, when I try to run the report, it fails with the message (for example): "Error in formula ShipDate: 'If Shared Datevar ShipDate=Date(00,0,0) then Shared Datevar ShipDate:={BAQReportResult.ShipHead.ShipDate}'  A date is required here."

So, I go into Crystal and select Set Datasource Location, fill in the location for the xml, and Map Fields opens. My ShipHead.ShipDate field is unmapped, and won't let me map it.  So, what I'm wondering is

1)  Can anyone help me?

2)  Is any of this due to the newly changed display formats of years to two digits?

3)  Why haven't I won the lottery yet?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and thanks for reading this book.

Try unchecking the map type check box in the Map Fields form. That's worked for me in the past.

Sue

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <theresa.goering@...> wrote :

I'm looking at some reports that are failing the conversion from E905.700C to E10.1.400.14.

In the report data, we are pulling in date fields, and comparing values using a Shared DateVar.  I should issue a disclaimer right here and say I didn't write these reports, I inherited them.  I'm not that fancy with Crystal.  At any rate, when I try to run the report, it fails with the message (for example): "Error in formula ShipDate: 'If Shared Datevar ShipDate=Date(00,0,0) then Shared Datevar ShipDate:={BAQReportResult.ShipHead.ShipDate}'  A date is required here."

So, I go into Crystal and select Set Datasource Location, fill in the location for the xml, and Map Fields opens. My ShipHead.ShipDate field is unmapped, and won't let me map it.  So, what I'm wondering is

1)  Can anyone help me?

2)  Is any of this due to the newly changed display formats of years to two digits?

3)  Why haven't I won the lottery yet?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and thanks for reading this book.

I did uncheck it and map the field, but where the formula previously didn't generate an error on saving, after I mapped the field unchecking the box, it did.  It is as if the field was previously considered a date field, and now in E10 is isn't.