Sharing Label Printer Attached Through Thin Client

Thanks Joshua.  Sounds like a good reason to stop wasting my time trying to figure out how to share the redirected printer.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:21 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Sharing Label Printer Attached Through Thin Client

UNC printing with BarTender is so-so. The licensing can get a bit goofy so you have to be sure to set it up a certain way (starts multiple license absorption for the same printer). I don’t remember that off the top of my head. Stability is not always there either. If you can get them networked with a print server of some sort that is your best bet.

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CTO

Direct Phone:    920.593.8299
Office Phone:    920.437.6400 x342

http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:25 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Sharing Label Printer Attached Through Thin Client

We are in the testing phase of a re-implementation of 10.0.700.4.  I am setting up Wyse thin clients for our MES stations and need to add Zebra GX420t label printers to some of the thin clients.  I have successfully added the printer to the thin client and got them working as redirected printers in the RDP sessions.  

I am now trying to share them so I can add them in Epicor Printer Maintenance and them get them working with Bartender.  They do not have wireless or wired network capabilities.  

Do I need to setup an external print server or is there another way to make this work?

Mark

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mark Tellefson | Information Technology | www.rapat.com

Phone: (218) 483-3344 | Toll Free: (800) 325-6377

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and received this in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail. You are hereby notified that the copying, use or distribution of any information or materials transmitted in or with this message is strictly prohibited.

We are in the testing phase of a re-implementation of 10.0.700.4.  I am setting up Wyse thin clients for our MES stations and need to add Zebra GX420t label printers to some of the thin clients.  I have successfully added the printer to the thin client and got them working as redirected printers in the RDP sessions.  

I am now trying to share them so I can add them in Epicor Printer Maintenance and them get them working with Bartender.  They do not have wireless or wired network capabilities.  

Do I need to setup an external print server or is there another way to make this work?

Mark

UNC printing with BarTender is so-so. The licensing can get a bit goofy so you have to be sure to set it up a certain way (starts multiple license absorption for the same printer). I don’t remember that off the top of my head. Stability is not always there either. If you can get them networked with a print server of some sort that is your best bet.

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CTO

Direct Phone:    920.593.8299
Office Phone:    920.437.6400 x342

http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:25 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Sharing Label Printer Attached Through Thin Client

Mark