Shop Load Report - Load Hours

Where are the Load Hours coming from in the Shop Load Report?

I would check the Job Tracker, Operations sheet for setup and production hours.
Also if you have access to EpicWeb, you could search for the answerbook 6132MPS - Shop Load Report Notes. It’s for an older version (V8)? but… I think most of it still applies in E10.

I haven’t looked lately. so if you find any more recent documentation, please let me know.

Have you tried erp.ShopLoad.ActualHours

Trying to see if this Load Hour values is being calculated from where? Is this the burden hours that’s already been completed on the operation?

Sorry - it’s a while since I looked at this, forget my last comment.

The only way I found to work out the actual hours a resource was scheduled to be used for was by looking in the Erp.ResourceTimeUsed table.

There is are two columns in there called load date and load hours, you need to use these to get the load values against a resource.

I had to take write an external view using the above to give the following columns

jobnum]
,[assemblyseq]
,[oprseq]
,[loaddate]
,[resourcegrpid]
,[resourceid]
,[hoursinday]

I wish I could say it was easy, but alas it was not.

And not sure if this will help with your question but here is the section for Calculating Load from the answerbook 6132MPS

Spread the load hours for each operation into the appropriate time slots, by working backward from the operation Due Date/Due Hour a day at a time, until all load hours have been applied. Production hours are applied first, then setup hours (moving backwards in time, this fits with the logical progression of the job. The assumption is that setup must be done before production.
The calculations for the load hours depend on the Load Relieved By setting in the Job Management module configuration.

• First determine what time slot the operation due date falls into (the first End Date >= JobOper.DueDate)
  • Calculate the production load hours. (If the operation is NOT subcontract.)
  • If relieving load by quantity:
    Production Load = Estimated Hours per Piece * Qty Remaining
    Production load equals zero if the quantity completed to date exceeds the original planned quantity.
  • If relieving load by hours:
    Production load = Estimated Production Hours - Actual Hours to-date
    Production load equals zero if the hours to date exceeds the original estimate.
  • If the operation is marked as Production Complete, the load hours are always zero.
  • If the operation is scheduled to run on more than one machine, the load is divided by the number of machines.
  • If the operation is subcontract, the load = Days Out for the operation x Hours per Machine for the resource group.
  • Apply the production hours backwards, beginning with the operation due date and due hour. The first day applied is a special case, since the operation Due Time probably does not fall exactly at the end of the work day, so apply only the Due Hour as the maximum number of hours for the first day filled.
  • Calculate the setup load hours. Setup is always 0 if production has started, and for a subcontract operation.
  • If relieving load by quantity :
    Setup Load = Setup Standard - (Setup Standard * Setup Percent Complete)
  • If relieving load by hours:
    Setup load = Setup Standard - Setup hours to date
  • Setup Load hours are zero if the operation is marked as Setup Complete or the setup hours to date exceed the estimate for setup.
  • Apply the setup hours backwards, beginning where you left off with production.
3 Likes

Oh yes - the following gives you the numeric loaddate as a date DATEADD(day, CAST(loadday AS INT),convert(date,‘01/01/1999’, 103))

1 Like

Dude! This was so helpful! Thanks for sharing