Site Level AP Clearing Account

Has anyone modified their posting rules to have a site level AP clearing account? If so, can you share how you managed it…specifically the AP side? I have the INVCOSWIP side working but the AP invoice side pulls the GL into the invoice during the Get Receipt Line process. Even when the receipt line is posted as the site level it will still bring in the default account during AP. There doesn’t seem to be any site level information available in that rule so I am thinking custom function but am looking for any pointers.

Thanks,
Ross

If you have configured COA with site / division as one of the control segment.
Then you can map the division GL control code in the site maintenance

Site 1
Receipt entry
Debit Credit
Seg01-Seg02 Inventory-site1 AP Clearing-site1
AP Invoice entry
Debit Credit
Seg01-Seg02 AP Clearing-site1 Supplier-Site1
Site 2
Receipt entry
Debit Credit
Seg01-Seg02 Inventory-site2 AP Clearing-site2
AP Invoice entry
Debit Credit
Seg01-Seg02 AP Clearing-site2 Supplier-Site2

That is how I have it setup and it works for all charts but AP clearing.

Ross

Try mapping the GL control code of “Inventory COS and WIP” in the site configuration.

If control type is not available, same need to be enabled first from the GL control type maintenance.

Create Inventory COS and WIP GL Control Code for each site and map them in the site configuration.

I looked into the GL Rules for COSandWIP.

A transaction like PUR-STK (Posts Extended Cost to A/P Clearing and Inventory/Expense Accounts. ) has rules that determine the division for the “inventory”(or expense) side of the transaction:

But when determining the AP Clearing, the function Determine AP Clearing Account For PartTran Line is called:

The entire function is:

So maybe make a new function Determine AP Clearing Account For PartTran Line with Div, and add the the logic to retrieve the Division. Then update the Booking rules (tran types) that need to use this.

FWIW - I would not personally try to edit Booking Rules . Seems like way to many ways for things to go sideways.

Okay. I have never tried that before but will give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks,
Ross

Thanks, Calvin. This is what I did for the first half (receipt side) and it works.

The second half that picks up the AP invoice is where I am having some some challenges. It looks like a similar approach with a custom function/variable but I was hoping somebody had done something already.

I appreciate you looking at this.

Regards,
Ross

I did this but it doesn’t work. I am not sure how it would, though, without modifying a posting rule because it is not looking in this location for the account. Is this what you had in mind?

Thanks,
Ross

Hi Ross,
you might have to change the posting rules after all. The easiest way to do what you need is to implement a lookup table (under General Ledger, setup), pass the site as parameter (the input value) and the table to return the account.
In the posting rule you should have something like Temp Account = Lookup for … using table … where …
If you want to be super safe you can define the lookup table to pass 2 parameters: the old account and the site so you are only changing the account if it is indeed the old AP clearing and nothing else.

P.S. Ideally also report it to support as an enhancement request for some future version so that everyone will be able to benefit from this in a few years :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Mihai

I had tried before, while importing posting rules, we will specify, use Natural account and division are used. This enables the “Division” related rules in the posting rules.
No need to do any change in the posting rules.