First thing to do is get a consensus on what “slow moving” means.
A BAQ on the PartTran table would be your best bet. It has a record of every time the QOH changed, and what caused it. The TranType field will be something like:
- PUR-STK - A PO receipt increased QOH by the TranQty. Note a negative TranQty for this tran type mean that the receipt was deleted (so the QOH went down)
- STK-CUS - A customer Shipment (packer). Decreases the QOH by TranQty.
- STK-MTL - part issued to manufacturing. Decreases the QOH by TranQty.
- STK-UKN - part was misc issued. Decreases the QOH by TranQty.
- ADJ-QTY - a Qty Adjustment was made. Increases the QOH by TranQty.
and so on…
The trickiest part is making sure you apply the correct sign to the TranQty, based on the TranType.
Worst case, just export PartTran and post process it in Excel.