Something I'm thinking of working on

Perhaps next year’s Epiusers get together at Insights is a Karaoke bar???

Just thought I’d share a funny.

I was working on the dynamic Kinetic App earlier, and pretty much hosed my app server.
Not responding. Took me way longer than I’d like to admit to find I created an infinite loop
with the MetaFX object :rofl:

Thank goodness I was in a test environment.

Be careful when overriding BPMs y’all, especially when you call them yourself recursively.

(Even more embarrassing when I know I gave someone else these same warnings before.)

1 Like

Now it’s down but I didn’t do it, I wasn’t even online ! :slight_smile:

502 Bad Gateway

Hbo Dont Blame Me GIF by SuccessionHBO

I wonder if the old “prevent infinite loops” option on BPMs from E9 would have saved the day…You know I though I saw that still in the table, but I might be wrong.

According to Alan Turing’s January 1937 paper On Computable Numbers With an Application to the Entscheidungsproblem, you cannot detect infinite loops using a computer program. This is a problem that will always require a human. The theory states that an AI tasked with this question will either give incorrect results or enter an endless loop itself.

I made an infinite loop again.

I forgot to send my conditions to prevent an infinite loop inside my error checking function :rofl: :sob:

1 Like

Tell Go On GIF

1 Like

Your forgot to post the ZIP file. :-)…

I like your solution, as it exports them in native .baq so you COULD import them one by one still.
Solution file has blown up for me before as well, and they is why they recommend doing them one by one. If a file fails you lose just one thing, but I had exported ALL BAQ’s and then that .cab file failed so no way to import anything.
Lessons learned. Keep up the good work!
George

1 Like