Sorting Quote line items by UD Column instead of Line number in SSRS

Hey gang, I found a thread similar to my needs however the description of the fix wasn’t enough for my puny brain so need moar HELPZ pleez!

Older thread: Sorting SSRS Reports

My situation:
We like to reorganize our line items on Quotes and Order forms to make them friendlier to our customers. Since Kinetic is so mean they won’t let us do that I created a UD column “LineNumber_c” on the QuoteDtl table that we can EDIT! (Take that Epicor! LOL, J/K). Anyhow now I want to sort the line items on the Quote to match the new UD column. I have tried editing the “Quote” Dataset in the SSRS Quote report I created. I did successfully add the field. I added a “ORDER BY T2.LineNumber_c” to the Dataset Query but still not ordering by that field.

Now the thread above talks about “editing the report parameters”, but I am not sure what that means. Do I need to edit the query for the “RptParamater” Dataset (not sure where to start with that as not sure what is in the RptParameter table) OR is this somwhere in the “Paramters” section of the Report Data tree?

Help? My BRAIN HURTS

Depending how your forms are set up you can go into the Row groups and change the group sorting to your UD field. You can also take out the order by from the query.
Hope this helps!

Thank you so very much. I am new to SSRS so totally missed the grouping at the bottom, was wondering how that was handled. Thank you as well for the visuals helps so very much!

1 Like