SSRS Invalid Object Name on ARForm

I have tested many reports in our Kinetic upgrade process. The only one I have an issue with is ARForm. :scream_cat:

When I generate only any other report, the tables + guid are created in the report database. For some reason, when I run this report I’m getting the following:

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask when executing task 721843 raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask:
Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionSoapException: Exception of type 'Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionSoapException' was thrown.
SOAP Fault: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> 
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> 
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'ARForm'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'ShipHead_e8cf28759a8f4590986338ee6508354c'.)

Why would all other reports work but not this one? The datasource is the same shared datasource as the other reports. I’ve looked at the source RDL file and there’s nothing weird about that.

If I run the stock one, it works, so I know it has something to do with our version of the invoice.

We’re going from 10.2.400 to 2022.2 … so I’m hoping we won’t need to redo the report…

I just played this game right before the holidays. There’s hope.

Do you have SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) and access to the report database? Essentially, we need to execute the SQL query that is in the data set directly against the database and it will tell us what tables/columns it errors on. Then you can update them.

Re-reading your original post - maybe it’s not the same thing. I don’t think my error looked like that. But it was definitely to do with the ARForm. It was some table that we don’t use in the middle of a giant SQL statement had something renamed. I think we ended up deleting two columns.

Is the issue with generate only or also Print Preview?

It seems the GUID is generated but when trying to query the database to populate the dataset is not finding the corresponding table. Unfortunately that does not really help narrow down the cause.

I would try a couple of things to find the cause:

• Running a copy of the base/stock report, without any changes.
  • Remove pieces of the custom ARForm until it stops failing.

Also, the base report RDD was changed to a cleaned up version of the old one.

1 Like

This sounds like what I saw happening on our report.

I would print the standard report with archive set to a day, get the GUID from system monitor, and then copy your SQL out of the ARForm dataset into SSMS on the report database (then replace all references to the GUID with the one you copied) and try to execute the SQL. It should give you an error that will reveal the source of the discontentment. Let me know if this makes sense or if you find a better way.

Wouldn’t you know it, it was a peripheral problem (me). The device connected to the keyboard was using a new RDL with an old RDD.

I think maybe I need an upgrade :roll_eyes:

Our PO form had missing calculated fields, that was easy enough to fix. This one has a few of those so I’ll keep digging. This issue seems to be resolved now.

It wasn’t working far enough to generate the tables in the reporting database.

For others that might end up here, a well known problem with the ARForm RDL is that the dataset expression is longer than the textbox that you edit it in. This causes the expression to get truncated.

EDIT

It is the OrderAck RDL that has a notoriously long query expression.

Nice

I attempted to move the RDD via solution this morning and it would not import. Conflict in FK_RptLinkTable_ZLookupLink. Exporting the RDD yielded the Customer.Language.Description link is no longer in 2022.2. I removed that from our current test system and exported it again and it imported. I then ran a quick update to replace the missing Calc_ fields in our RDD and it worked.

1 Like

That field no longer exists in the table? Or the required FKV in 2022.2 just wasn’t setup properly?

I kind of thought that fields might become obsolete, but that new versions would still have them and just not use them.

The linked table source is no longer in the system. We didn’t use it anyway, I just removed the linked table/field.

1 Like