SSRS reports BAQ report designer and setting filters / sorts

Calvin,

I have all of the Tablix’s set up, however, the only one that runs is the first one. The others all return a blank report.

If you want to reply to my work email:
cpelowski@lesueurinc.com, perhaps I can throw a few more questions at you tomorrow.

I am
really green with SSRS so this step is stopping me also.

Add any grouping and group sorting for how it should appear for `Dept – EmpID```

I’ve been trying to view some you tube videos on SSRS but it seems each one has a different way of doing things and I am getting more confused by the minute.

I am going to shut down for the day (actually working from home as I ended up leaving work with a fever / cough / headache)… ugh … hopefully just a normal Minnesota cold and not some other junk.

Thanks again!!

Carol

Attached are a sample BAQ, and BAQ Report and SSRS RDL file.

The BAQ E10H-SortTest.baq (25.4 KB) :

• Just pulls order Info (OrderHed, OrderDtl, OrderRel, and Customer).
  • It is limited to orders with an OrderDate >10/1/2019 - to limit the number of records.
  • There are no sorts in the BAQ

The BAQ Report E10H-SortTest.xml (2.6 KB) :

• Has 5 Sorts (using the list you provided)
  • None of the Sorts have any Sort Fields

The SSRS RDL E10H-SortTest.rdl (103.2 KB) :

• Has three Tablixes.
  • Each Tablix has its visibility set differently, by comparing the SortBy field of the BAQReportParameter dataset
  • Each Tablix has its sort set differently.
  • Each Tablix has a different color border.

Note that the SortBy value is displayed in the header. If you select a different sort during testing, it will display in the header.

Tablix1 shows when “Dept - EmpID” is selected

Tablix2 shows when “Dept - Last Name” is selected

No Tablix is shown when “Last Name” is selected. Because I only added 3 tablixes, and all are hidden because the SortBy value doesn’t match the string in the expression.