SSRS set up questions for Application Server Configuration

Hi all, I have attached a copy of the Application Server configuration for Epicor 10 SSRS. I am wondering if the folder for the SSRS Reports Root Folder is located on the Application Server or the SQL Server? Also wondering what to put into the “SSRS ReportServer Location” (is this a reference to the SQL Server or the reports.zip folder located on the Application Server? I am a newbie at setting up E10 and SQL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Jill

Hi Jill,

Just went through this. Your SQL Server that has SSRS on it.

If it is a different server, then you’ll have to share that folder (according to the Instructions I believe) and then you’ll add that folder as "\Server\c$\Program Files{location of reports}. Again, that should be in the install guide.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your response. The installation guide is what is confusing me. Could you possibly send me a screenshot of your Application Server Configuration / SSRS tab screen? I think that would answer all my questions. I am so confused having two servers. I am used to one Progress server:>)

Thanks!

Jill

this will also differ for newer versions of SQL (like 2017) where SSRS is an entirely disconnected installation.

here is mine. The share you need to make is the ReportServer directory on your SQL server based on the folders of your version.

Greg

Based on my own experience, since I don’t work in this part.

SSRS Reports Root Folder will be added to the web.config along with the URL, so let’s say you root folder is “E10PROD” so when you open your Service URL there will be a folder named E10PROD and inside will be the individual SSRS reports.

This is helpful to have each instance reports separated.

The SSRS Deployment section will use the configuration above to start deploying every report found in the Location you selected, in my case every report is in its own folder, like /reports/ARInvoiceForm

See below report style config, so when trying to print an AR Invoice Form it will look for the report at ServiceURL/RootFolder/reports/ARInvoiceForm/ARForm.rdl

I have no idea if the Deployment updates any report style or simply uploads rdls to the reporting service.

Greg, Thank you very much for the screenshot. It really did help. Now I have this error showing up:

Can you help with that? Please let me know.

Thanks very much!

I found out I had to go onto my SQL server to the path of c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services\SSRS\ReportServer and share the “ReportServer” folder. Then I was able to put in the following settings. Everything looked like it was working but now I have a different error:

Sorry for all this trouble. You are really helping me immensely and I appreciate it:>)

Thanks!

since that is a FQDN path, you need to make sure that the real ReportServer directory is Shared with everyone. This image shows my structure, plus it shows that SQL 2017 has a different install directory for SSRS.

As @MikeGross says, check the share. To make sure it is working open it in file explorer from the application server.

Also make sure that URL loads the ReporServer site

Your value should look like:

Edit

Whoops … Didn’t see that you already got past this part.

After some much needed clarification from another source, I know understand that there should be three Report databases in SQL (one for SSRS, one for SSRS temp and one for Epicor temp files). Coming from Progress I was just not grasping this concept.
Thank you to everyone who was pitching in to help me. It was very much appreciated and I am feeling a bit more educated after all of this.
Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Jill