Stock Status Error 10.0.700.4

I have been working with support on this for over a month.  At first they thought it was due to a problem with my DMT not using the proper capitalization in the site name but after deleting our test database and redoing all the DMTs with suggested changes, the problem continues.  Now "the developers" have had my database for a couple weeks with no results.  Not bashing...just hoping for a solution.

Has anyone else run into this problem with the stock status report?  We are in the testing phase on 10.0.700.4 but the problem existed in 10.0.700.3 also.

When running the stock status report for purchased and
manufactured parts, including non-stock items, the report will run successfully
sorted by warehouse/part but errors when sorting by part/warehouse.  I watched in the system monitor and it goes
through “loading data” and “generating xml file” before
posting the error below after about 5 minutes.

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: Client found response content type of ‘’, but expected ‘text/xml’.
The request failed with an empty response.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsReportRenderer.Render(SsrsRenderInformationBase renderInformation)
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase1.RenderReportForPreviewOrClientPrint(SysRptLst sysRptLstRow)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase1.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation, Action1 modifySysRptLstRow)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder1.XMLClose()
   at Erp.Internal.IM.IMR40.PrintReport()
   at Erp.Internal.IM.IMR40.RunProcess(Int32 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName)
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask()
   at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.RunTask(Int32 ipTaskNum)

I DMTed 14,000 purchased parts and raw materials and then used DMT to set the on-hand quantity for those parts to 100.  Epicor first told me there was a problem with my DMT but then agreed that everything looked correct.

We also had a Stock Status Report error… it is a known problem area, if not Bug.

If we ran the report without setting any of the filters it doubled almost every line of inventory!

We only have purchased stock. We are also on the same version of the software you use.

If we set the filters for the report, it would run fine for us!

We were provided a 1Off fix which itself caused complications…

Due to the work around (the improvement by using filters) we are simply going with that.

I would suggest you call support!


Marc D.