Sudden drop Epicor speed caused by Microsoft Updates -> (KB4601319, KB5000802, KB5000808,KB4601382,KB4601383) +

If you are willing to test it then yes, try it, you’ll see immediately how much of a difference it makes. You can then revert back to installing it if your environment/regulations require you to be that current on updates. It will at least validate the problem and then you can hopefully pinpoint your tickets/calls to this update and your first hand experience testing it’s removal to hopefully speed up the fix/response to this issue. I mean, Epicor is all about being able to replicate the issue…

You can have a Remote desktop server which you can lock down through group policy. The best thing to do is to have a couple for load balancing and redundancy. We’ve done that for years with our ERP systems.

i can confirm that you are absolutely spot on (Uninstalling KB4601319) on my PC/ Epicor 10.2.400.10 solved this slowness issue pal

2 Likes

could you elaborate more please ?

You are right, I just noticed this after my last post KB4601319 does revert back to KB4598242. I have found that if you do have the 2 - 2021-02 Cumulative updates, removing both works better for performance.

2 Likes

Just as a FYI, recommended by Microsoft to uninstall if you have issues with this update.

2 Likes

I also reported it to Microsoft’s Feedback Hub. https://aka.ms/AAb5u2t

1 Like

many thanks Jonathan, appreciate your input on this, to confirm this officially this is Epicor response

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/february-9-2021-kb4601319-os-builds-19041-804-and-19042-804-87fc8417-4a81-0ebb-5baa-40cfab2fbfde

4 Likes

Yes, thank you @FTI-SeniorAdmin!

Same issue here and that solved it.

:trophy:

2 Likes

I can also confirm that removing KB4601319 solved our problem as well.

5 Likes

I came here hoping to simply find someone with a similar issue to justify my sudden slow down, I did not expect to be able to post a solution to this as well. I have to say thanks to Jon_Hall’s post regarding removing some updates helping his cause because that gave me a direction to go in and be able to isolate which update was causing the problem.

1 Like

We also can confirm removing KB4601319 and rebooting the PC seems to resolve this issue, thanks for posting all this!

We uses WSUS and were able to decline the update in there so shouldn’t be getting re-installed. Hopefully the 2021-03 cumulative updates won’t re-introduce the issue given that it seems to be widely reported now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the post. We are experiencing the same slow down.

Does ANYONE use RDS or Citrix? :slight_smile:

We do.

two days a week

We have an RDS farm in Azure, and also now have sudden degraded performance. ERP 10.2.300.40. RDS is running Server 2019. We dont have this patch installed, but this one in a failed state:

This is the only thing that has changed I think. When I run the client on our server 2016 app server without this update failing, performance is nominal.

1 Like

For those on RDS using Server 2019 build 1809…
I uninstalled KB4601383 and boom! Performance is now nominal!! Seems like the feb 2021 cumulative is causing issues on many different win versions

1 Like

Anyone know of the reason WHY this slowness is occurring? While removing a cumulative patch might temporarily fix the issue, this is a band-aid at best. Why is the Epicor client affected by the Feb Cumulative Patch for Windows 10? If for some reason the March patch doesn’t fix the issue, then what? We cannot leave our PCs un-patched.

Yes it would be great to know the “reason” for the slowness, but you’ll never get that answer from Epicor or Microsoft. The most you’ll get is Epicor saying Microsoft changed something in their .net functionality that caused the slowness when populating data to a form, and from Microsoft they MIGHT admit fault if enough people start complaints on their feedback hub regarding the update.

After that, well yes you’re at the mercy of Microsoft fixing what they broke come March, or later, OR hoping that Epicor will take the time to come out with a patch to mitigate the issue. The latter is highly unlikely to be a solution for anyone with a version older than 10.2.500 though.

1 Like