Switch from Last to Lot Avg Costing?

I just went through my first iteration in DMT. I have used Quantity Adjust to change all the on hand qtys to 0. Then I used the part template to update the costing method. I included the UpdatePartPlant column, but after updating costing methods, then reimporting the qty on hand, it looks like all my cost methods are still set to last in the Part > Sites > Detail.

If I manually adjust out the qty for a part, then manually change the costing methods, then readjust the qty back in, the cost method seems to be correct.

I must have missed something in DMT that is preventing from setting Part Site to Lot Average.
This is my cost method update template:

Company	PartNum	CostMethod	UpdatePartPlantOverride	TrackLots
VTAERO	0000D3004	T	TRUE	TRUE

And this is my Qty Adj template:

Company	PartNum	WareHseCode	BinNum	AdjustQuantity	ReasonCode	LotNum	UnitOfMeasure	TransDate	Plant
VTAERO	0000D3004	CAS	 05	6	ADJ	LOT12345	EA	1/26/2023	MfgSys

Ahh! I see another field in the template builder in DMT. Besides the UpdatePartPlantOverride, there is also UpdatePartPlant. Both are bit fields. I will try setting both to true and see if that does the trick.

1 Like

Yes I think you are on the right track, I used the UpdatePartPlant column.

1 Like

I recently did this using the Part Plant DMT for parts across all sites. I then had to run a follow up to set the PrimWhse back as we have same parts in multiple warehouses.

1 Like

I am getting farther along here. Each iteration I take more notes about things to check and fix.

The last iteration we realized that there are memos for the part lots. When I use Qty Adjust to 0 out the Qty On Hand, the lot memo also gets dumped. when I reimport the Qty On Hand, the memo is lost.

How can I export these part lot memos along with my original Qty data? And then what template should I use to pull the lot memos back in?

What table is the memo being stored on? The PartLot table retains info even without any quantity on hand, so I wouldnā€™t think it would be there if you are losing it.

It appears to be in the Memo table.

Ah ok, Iā€™m not familiar with that table unfortunately. It looks like there is a key you can use to pull the info out before the adjustment, but Iā€™m not sure how you would go about putting the memo back in. What are the memos keyed on?

I think I was misinformed or I misunderstood the problem. I guess the data isnā€™t stored in Memo after all. They were talking about the Lot Description, not a memo attached to the Lot. I donā€™t have any problem puling the Lot description along with the Lot Number. I may still need to see if there are any memos hiding in the lots, I would hate to lose them and not realize it.

1 Like