System Activity Log - Thousands of "Log on" Rows

Jose, did you decompile to get this or what did you do?

Correct

1 Like

Okay.

I notice that when I decompile with ILSpy I always spend so much time trying to assess the errors that are written when certain assemblies cannot be loaded. Then I go and get those from the server and refresh the editor to see what others I am still missing.

Is there any way to know ahead of time what assemblies I will need to decompile something fully, or is it always going to be that I need to look at the error messages?

use DNSPy instead, and load the fille directly from the install location then the assemblies will resolve automatically

1 Like

Thanks Jose, I appreciate the guidance.

Now if only I could connect with @hkeric.wci so he could show me how to step through the code with an actual connection to the app server…

Not sure if you have any literature or posts on that yourself Jose, but it would make decompiling a ton more useful for me when I have a case where I can’t fully understand the code.

Right now I decompile and then try and logically follow the code, but sometimes I get lost.

You can also do that with DNSpy you have to run it on the server, then connect to the Epicor process and such its kind of complicated and I’m not sure I feel comfortable teaching everyone how to do that you can royally hose up your stuff since a debugger will pause server side execution (for everyone).

1 Like

YIKES.

If you have test environments segregated to different VMs from production would you still mess up anyone?