System Monitor Shows Everything

@jgiese.wci , can you try this on that GetRows?

var keepReports = result.SysRptLst.Where(x => x.UserID.ToLower() == Session.UserID.ToLower()).ToList();

result.SysRptLst.Clear();

result.SysRptLst.AddRange(keepReports);

Seemed to do the trick in a quick pinch. I can only see the one BOL I just printed. Looks like the Classic UI is doing grid filtering in the UI not at the BO level too.

Strange they are using a different BO I wonder why. ReportMonitor vs SysMonitor

1 Like

In 2022 they are using GetReports on SysMonitor in Kinetic
In 2023 looks like GetRows on ReportMonitor in Kinetic

They be changing things lol.

I mean it could certainly be expanded on to get back the original functionality, like show admins
stuff and whatnot, but that sounds like a lot of work for a temporary fix.

What endpoint is being called for History in Kinetic in 2023?

seems to be this

https://host/app/api/v1/Ice.BO.SysMonitorTasksSvc/GetBallonRowsKeepIdleTime

Also a Set Arg widget for the where clause set to this works too

$"LOWER(UserID) = '{Session.UserID.ToLower()}' " + whereClauseSysRptLst

I have more elegant versions that detect keywords and inject the where addition in the right spot, but this at least keeps the data call lower from the get go. Could add a widget condition where if the users isn’t in group X then do this special where clause. Quick fix still gives admins ability to view all.

2 Likes

Yes I was wondering if the where clauses just weren’t being set.

This is the quick fix version for SysMonitorTasksSvc/GetBallonRowsKeepIdleTime:

var keepHistory = result.SysTask.Where(x => x.SubmitUser.ToLower() == Session.UserID.ToLower()).ToList();

result.SysTask.Clear();

result.SysTask.AddRange(keepHistory);

Wouldn’t that need an AND ?

$"LOWER(UserID) = '{Session.UserID.ToLower()}' AND " + whereClauseSysRptLst

No because there was no actual where just a ‘BY SysTaskNum’

1 Like

OK, so the where clauses were not set properly to begin with.

So @jgiese.wci and @klincecum did y’all solve this?? @josecgomez I think you just went live on 2023.1.9 as well somewhere too yeah? Did you do something to solve this? Did epicor support give any kind of hot fix or did you flex your customization skills to overcome it?

This has been going on for at least a year. I just ignored it. Private companies all the way!!!

JK, I would still prefer to be at a public company.

Wait, it is fixed in my version.

You running kinetic system monitor or classic?

Web UI

I haven’t screwed with it beyond the quick patches in this thread, nor have I checked to see if it’s occurring in my version. We just upgraded to 2023.1.10.

I’m also running 11.2.300.10 (Web UI)… while I cannot see all notifications, I’ve just been alerted that some others CAN. So, it appears (at least in my case), it is not a system wide issue?

Interestingly enough, I signed on to the desktop client and looked at the system monitor. I only saw MY notifications. I toggled on the “Display all Tasks” and that worked as expected. I then refreshed my web browser and boom… I now see all notifications in the Web UI.

I tried turning the “Display all Tasks” back off on the Desktop Client monitor… but didn’t work. I now see all tasks and can’t find a way to turn it back off.

So… I guess I’m now in the same boat as everyone else… waiting for the 2023.2 patch.

We had a thread on a similar issue, but we all thought it was fixed with the .10 update.

Guess not.

Hello a fix for this is coming in the upcoming update of 2023.1.12 one would need to update to this version in order to get the fix for this. I understand this may not be ideal however with it being a point update versus a version there should not be any breaking changes in way of schema changes or things of that nature. sorry for the inconvenience to you.

That’s what I got from support on the issue. The agent spoke with dev and everything.

1 Like

Very interesting.