System tablenames for storing customizations

Looking for which system tables would store what has been customized? The Solution Workbench identifies what forms have been modified, so I would suppose it must be able to query some tables to generated that.

Looking for a way to generate some queries to see what is different from Test to Production.

Use SQL statement, List all customized forms in database.

select * from ice.XXXDef where typecode=‘customization’

Ok, that gives me the list of Customizations but what about what is different actually different with the Customization?
I see there is another table called Ice.XXXChunk which has the form mod, but how would I decode the contents and compare the differences??

select Decode([Chunk]) from Ice.XXXChunk where typecode= ‘customization’

When you export the mod forms using Customization Maintenance you can view the exported XML contents of the file using a text or XML editor. What is your end goal or objective?

I wanted to compare differences without having open and eye-ball every single customization between 2 environments. Anyway, I found an earlier post that allowed me to decode the “[Chunk]” field using a custom assembly and making that into a SQL CLR function. I can now loop through all the customizations.

(Thanks Jose Gomez !)

2 Likes

I use Notepad ++ free text editor. You will need to install the compare plug in. You will need to be in local administrator mod when adding the compare plug in. http://www.technicaloverload.com/compare-two-files-using-notepad/

You will also need to export the your customized form using the customization maintenance screen and open the file using notepade++ to compare

Would you be willing to share your CLR function or how that was created? I would like to be able to do this all in SQL if possible as well.

Thanks,
Tanner

I would share the C# project code (which is pretty much just what Jose posted) and how to call it, but don’t want to get into the SQL security settings to make it work…what a PITA.

1 Like

No need to repost, I was just hoping it was a simple solution because I’ve really wanted to modify screen customizations in SQL instead of jumping through hoops in the interface but found no simple way to do so. Thanks for responding!