The company column is invalid

Hi epicor community,

I tried changing my ssrs and upload in report style maintenance and tried save it it show the company column is invalid, can advise me on this?

This kind of error can happen when the underlying BAQ (or whatever data source) changes. For example, maybe you had the company column from the jobhead table before, and after you rearranged the company column now comes from jobasm, or you removed the company field altogether. The SSRS is still looking for the exact fields you originally had.

If you need to change it, then you have to remove the reference to the old company column in the SSRS report. I think if you remove it from the dataset, and the query expression for the dataset, and from the body of the report (and subreports), then you can reupload it.

Often this is more trouble than it is worth. Go back to a copy of the report that runs properly, then modify it again, keeping in mind the issues with removing fields. Only remove a field from the RDL side, after you have removed it from the datasource/BAQ side.

Hi @NateS, I tried it and it works, thanks for the help!

1 Like