Time & Expense approve labor - Error A Valid Date is Required

I’m trying to clean up labor operations employees forgot to complete labor transactions on and have since clocked out so they can no longer complete the labor transaction. I’ve found the ‘E’ record in Time and Expense, and historically it was just a matter of clicking submit but I’m getting an error “A Valid Date is Required”. I’m not sure what date it is referring to so not sure where to look. Has anyone seen this before?

1 Like

I had a similar issue and went on a deep dive into this. The error is triggered when the LaborDtl.ClockInDate does not match the LaborDtl.PayrollDate. Specifically, it triggers if the following conditions are met:

1. The LaborHed is not active – i.e. the employee is no longer logged in and you are making changes in T&E.
    2a. If the LaborDtl.ClockInTime is greater than the ClockOutTime (you went over midnight for third shift), it checks if the PayrollDate is either the same as or one more than the ClockInDate – this allows you to either allocate third shift labor to the clock in day or clock out day.
    OR
    2b. If the LaborDtl.ClockIntime is less than the ClockOutTime (first or second shift), it checks if the PayrollDate is the same as the ClockInDate.

If condition 1 and either 2a or 2b are met, you get the error. We have BPMs on the Labor.Update method that check to make sure an employee is on today’s LaborHed before allowing them to start a new Production, Setup, or Indirect activity. If they haven’t clocked out on a previous day, they get an error and have to have their supervisor make sure everything is correct before they can proceed.

Is that period/date closed due to Earliest Apply Date?

You are getting the error because the Payroll Date and the Labor Date do not match. In this instance you have to do one of the following:

1. You can change the Labor Date to equal the Payroll Date
  2. You can delete this record and re-enter it on the correct Labor Date.

@embedded

4 Likes