Timeout error in the afternoon

Epicor version 10.0.700.4. freezes for all users and the only solution is to close the program. After that, it is impossible to log in Epicor: the login process takes a long time and ends with a timeout error:
“The open operation did not complete within the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.”
Details:

We have to recycle the application pool to return Epicor to normal work, but the issue reoccurs again the next day. This problem consistently arises after lunch, between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM, and cannot be reproduced on any other env except PROD.

The problem initially emerged a few days after infrastructure changes:
our application server (Windows Server 2019) was moved to the virtual machine by shapshot, and our SQL server (Windows Server 2016, MSSQL 2014) was moved to the same Hyper-V as the application server.

We’ve already made adjustments to our timeout settings in the configuration files, following the recommendations from the support, but unfortunately, this hasn’t resolved the problem.

I will be grateful for any advice!

This KB has a bunch of diagnostics that you can try. I found an issue we had a long time ago in the sp_lock3 logs.

https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=b909f5b81b757b8ce596a79b2d4bcb3a

I also follow this guide for having a second background application server that has three task agents so even if printing or PO suggestions are getting stuck, the users can still limp along.

Are there any other reporting or backups for logs running in the afternoon. new tasks added to the schedule?

1 Like