Transfer Pack


I’m trying to include the Shipping and/or Picking Comments from the Transfer Order Entry to the Transfer Pack Report. I’m a super novice at reports so bear with me :slight_smile:

I added the TFOrdHed Table to the Data definition.
I included the ShipComment and PickListComment fields from the TFOrdHed table.
I added the new fields in the Dataset Properties query field.
I tried to add the field where the label for part description was so that there wouldn’t be any visibility issues with the field or the row…the blue section is where I’m trying to add the Pick List Comment…

But when I add the field in the report, it comes through blank. No errors, just blank…not sure what I am doing wrong?

=“SELECT T3.PickListComment,T1.LegalNumber,CAST( T1.PackNum as decimal ) as PackNum,T1.ShipComment,T1.ShipDate,T1.Calc_FromAddr,CAST( T1.Calc_NumRecordPerPage as decimal ) as Calc_NumRecordPerPage,T1.Calc_ShipVia,T1.Calc_ToAddr,T1.Calc_CarrierDesc, T2.ExtPrice,T2.LineDesc,CAST( T2.PackLine as decimal ) as PackLine,T2.PartNum,T2.RevisionNum,T2.ShipComment as TFShipDtl_ShipComment,T2.TFOrdNum,T2.UnitPrice,T2.Calc_GetNextLegalNum,T2.Calc_LineShipQty,T2.Calc_NextLegalNumber,T2.Calc_PlannedQty,T2.Calc_SerialNumber,T2.Calc_SerialNumLabl,T2.Calc_UOM,CAST( T2.Calc_PackLine as nvarchar ) as Calc_PackLine
FROM TFShipHead_” + Parameters!TableGuid.Value + " T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN TFShipDtl_" + Parameters!TableGuid.Value + " T2
ON T1.Company = T2.Company AND T1.PackNum = T2.PackNum LEFT OUTER JOIN TFOrdHed_" + Parameters!TableGuid.Value + " T3
ON T2.Company = T3.Company AND T2.TFOrdNum = T3.TFOrdNum"

Screenshot 2022-08-19 075518

The simple starting point is are you sure the PickListComment has content?
Because it looks like you have a thorough attack on the report alteration.

1 Like

Yes, we chose examples with content in both the PickListComment field as well as the ShipComment field…I wonder if it could be a bug…I ran across this in the history of the forum?

Have you verified that the TFOrdNum populates on the TFShipDtl?
Maybe checked that in a BAQ.
That could be missing and therefore your T3 table would get ignored.

I do get it to come through on a baq with the following query (the person who entered the comments duplicated in both fields so I could test them both but they are correct)… (thank you so much for your time, btw!!)

[TFShipHead].[PackNum] as [TFShipHead_PackNum],
[TFShipHead].[ShipDate] as [TFShipHead_ShipDate],
[TFShipDtl].[PackLine] as [TFShipDtl_PackLine],
[TFShipDtl].[PartNum] as [TFShipDtl_PartNum],
[TFShipDtl].[LineDesc] as [TFShipDtl_LineDesc],
[TFOrdHed].[ShipComment] as [TFOrdHed_ShipComment],
[TFOrdHed].[PickListComment] as [TFOrdHed_PickListComment]
from Erp.TFShipHead as TFShipHead
inner join Erp.TFShipDtl as TFShipDtl on
TFShipHead.Company = TFShipDtl.Company
and TFShipHead.PackNum = TFShipDtl.PackNum
and ( TFShipDtl.TFOrdNum = ‘XFER002020’ )

inner join Erp.TFOrdHed as TFOrdHed on
TFShipDtl.Company = TFOrdHed.Company
and TFShipDtl.TFOrdNum = TFOrdHed.TFOrdNum

Try changing the relation type in your RDD from “Definition only” to “Output”. This is the only way I’ve consistently been able to get results when adding tables to RDDs.


OMG, that worked!!! You are my hero!

Thank you so so much!!