Trusted SSL Cert for a .local domain server

When you provide your ‘.com’ domain in the DNS Endpoint Identity field, I believe it replaces your .local domain name in the .sysconfig files automatically. You shouldn’t have to edit them manually.

As did many, we included. We have fewer machines than you but we are looking at a reimplementation of AD. Azure AD and M365 actually makes it easier since it appears that OneDrive could bring our files into the new Windows profile. Also, it’s good to up the compatibility level in AD to get the latest and most secure features. PITA, I know. But sometimes, you just got to rip that band aid off…

Technically, NET.tcp. TCP itself is different but I’m just being picky.

Well, this looks like server.example.com where epicor is your servername and not a subdomain. Let’s say your AD domain was called RWAY. The suggestion would be to call your internal subdomain: rway.example.com. Your Epicor server would then be found at: epicor.rway.example.com. All of the computers in the rway subdomain would not be routable from the Internet though because DNS would be mapped to the 10. or 192. non-routable ranges.

2 Likes

I think that actually made sense to me.

Please do.

1 Like

I made these changes and still no luck.

Error:

You were right - these did match the EAC settings after I changed them in the EAC.

We went that route. We just have a few legacy systems still on our old domain, and should be off except for one legacy system we currently cannot migrate soon. (It’s our old Vantage)