Trying to blank out the Bin in Job Receipt to Inventory

I’ve been asked to blank out the bin number in the Job Receipt to Inventory app.
The form starts out blank, then when a Job # is entered, the bin defaults to the first available bin number (I think it’s the lowest valued bin). I tried preprocess, in transaction, and postprocess BPMs.
I actually though it would be easy, just call a setter and set the bin field to null.
Has anyone every accomplished this? Would anyone be able to assist?

It’s funny you ask this now, I did this for a customer 2 days ago… You’ll need to do it from two method directives:

• Erp.BO.ReceiptsFromMfg.GetNewJobAsmblMultiple / POST to handle the search screen selection
  • Erp.BO.ReceiptsFromMfg.GetNewReceiptsFromMfgJobAsm / POST to handle the typing in of a jobnum

It’s the same code in both cases:

foreach (var tran in ttPartTran.ToList())
{
    var dbTran = Db.PartTran.FirstOrDefault(t => t.SysRowID == tran.SysRowID);
    if (dbTran != null)
    {
        dbTran.LotNum = "";
        Db.Validate(dbTran);

tran.SysRevID = (long)dbTran.SysRevNum;
    }
    tran.LotNum = "";
}

This is for LotNum, but bin should be the same… The key point is that the PartTran already exists in the DB when you get the dataset, so you need to remove it from the db record, and then sync the tt record.

Timing is everything!
Thank you

I’m unable to enable the BPM’s. It tells me ttPartTran doesn’t exist in the current context.
I’m sure I’m missing something simple.

When you right click in the code area, what do you see in Parameters?

Unless Epicor changed the way the screen operates in 11.1.100 compared to 10.2.700, not sure what the issue could be…

ds
pcTranType
pcProcessID
result

this is what I have…

Oh yeah now I remember… Kinetic is doing away with the tt tables. Look in the ds.PartTran table instead.