Trying to create uBAQ using the PriceLstParts

Okay Gurus, I’m trying to create an updatable BAQ for Price List updates. I figured I would start with a very basic uBAQ. I only added the PriceLstParts table. I then added the basic fields for ListCode, PartNum, BasePrice and UOMCode. First, I just want to get it to update a field. I chose the BasePrice. I’ve setup uBAQ for part information before with no issue. But, for some reason on this table I keep getting and error message “Update not allowed”.

Severity: Exception, Table: PriceLstParts, Field: , RowID: d5b0d5aa-e209-467b-9b68-28c98ed54e17, Text: Update not allowed.
Query returned 1 row(s).

Anyone have any idea why this seems to be different?

Try to do the same in the ui, but I think that is a one shot record except maybe the expiration date, so you would need copy existing, expire or delete the existing records and then add back with your changes.

We update prices on existing records all the time (using DMT). I agree the first step is to perform the update manually and see what happens.

1 Like

Updating in the UI works with no issue. I also update the price lists all the time with DMT. Do you think you need all the same fields that I use in the DMT?

For what it’s worth, I’m not on the same version as you, but I tried it and I get the same error…

1 Like

Thanks @KPreda, that’s good to know. We must be missing a setting or a field.

Appreciate your feedback.

@jbryant, you may want to check your price list. I made a change and get the message. Checked the price list and it is now the price I changed it to…

Hi @KPreda,
Would you be will to share some screen shots? I’ll try to set mine up the same way.

Sure, I’ll share screenshots, though given the message, I’d personally be a bit hesitant to keep changing pricing…

I added the PriceLst table just to see if it would help with resolving the error. I don’t know if it’s necessary to have. The criterial on the PriceLst table was to limit it to one price list and the criteria on the PriceLstParts was to limit it to one item.

Business Object PriceLstParts you selected does not contain update logic, so you cannot use it to update data. Select some other BO.

2 Likes

Hi @Olga,
What would you suggest in this situation?

Hey Jeff,

If you do a trace while updating prices, it will show you not only the BO but the correct method and dataset to use to update it.

Thanks @Mark_Wonsil, I always forget about that. I don’t do uBAQ’ very often. I’m a little lost here.

I really appreciate everyone’s help!

@Mark_Wonsil this is what I see when I do the trace. (provided I did it correctly)

Erp.Proxy.BO.PriceLstImpl Update https://centralusdtapp03.epicorsaas.com/SaaS539/ System.Void 4/26/2024 10:41:16:8804339 1 8c5660fd-be91-4618-ba41-12f11be6d2bb 0 14608 DEALER USD Dealer Price List 2019-07-01T00:00:00-04:00 false false B 763145963 42161075-078e-4cb3-a458-6d8e380a2a1d false false

Which BO would I pick? I don’t see the ones listed here on the search list in the BAQ.

As I look at the trace I see:

Erp.Proxy.BO.PriceLstImpl

Erp.BO.PriceLstDataSet

Is this what I’m looking for?

Screenshot of trace.

You can ignore the SystemMonitor BO, that’s just looking for things to print or tell you if jobs ran or not.

But BO.PriceLst is your BO and the Update method shows you what parameters are used and below that shows how the dataset should look.

@Mark_Wonsil you’re the best! that was the ticket!

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone else who helped also!