Unable to create SO - Conversion factor is zero for Class:XXX

After upgrade Epicor version to 10.2.700.27, User is unable to create Sales order for Part = ‘CCSS’. This part is set as Part Specific. The current Conversion Factor is 1 SET = 0 pcs.

We already refer to KB0051921 - Cannot convert. Conversion factor is zero for Class:Count UOM:XXX. Which is not related to this issue. This is cylinder and we charge customer by SET. But 1 SET might have a different quantity of PCS. And there will be no transaction for this.

In version, 10.1.400.19 - user able to create SO and did not hit this error.

Please advise.

Can you share more information? Like the Part Setup, UOM Setup and possibly the full error message if possible from the server after enabling server logging.

Hi, Below is the setting for this part.

Full error detail:
Business Layer Exception

Cannot convert. Conversion factor is zero for Class:CYL UOM:SET

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Correlation ID: 783b873d-c9c7-4f75-8518-7d096f66b989
Description: Cannot convert. Conversion factor is zero for Class:CYL UOM:SET
Program: Erp.Internal.Lib.AppService.dll
Method: UOMConvInternal
Line Number: 2648
Column Number: 17

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Erp.Proxy.BO.SalesOrderImpl.MasterUpdate(Boolean lCheckForOrderChangedMsg, Boolean lcheckForResponse, String cTableName, Int32 iCustNum, Int32 iOrderNum, Boolean lweLicensed, Boolean& lContinue, String& cResponseMsg, String& cCreditShipAction, String& cDisplayMsg, String& cCompliantMsg, String& cResponseMsgOrdRel, String& cAgingMessage, SalesOrderDataSet ds)
at Erp.Adapters.SalesOrderAdapter.MasterUpdate(Boolean lCheckForOrderChangedMsg, Boolean lcheckForResponse, String cTableName, Int32 iCustNum, Int32 iOrderNum, Boolean lweLicensed, Boolean& lContinue, String& cResponseMsg, String& cCreditShipAction, String& cDisplayMsg, String& cCompliantMsg, String& cResponseMsgOrdRel, String& cAgingMessage)
at Erp.UI.App.SalesOrderEntry.Transaction.Update()

I see that the error seems correct based on the setup, however I know very little about UOMs to give you any feedback or possible workaround, my advise would be to contact support so it can be investigated.

I think you’re going to have to make a part specific UOM for each set qty

(1) SET1 = (1) PC
(1) SET2 = (2) PC
(1) SET3 = (3) PC
And so on …