Unable to Delete a Plant from Part

If someone did a cost rollup because it was the end of the month, then you won’t be able to delete the plant anymore.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 5:41 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Unable to Delete a Plant from Part

The warehouses are different and there is no bin designated (bin parameter is blank). Under the 'primary' plant there are several warehouses and one of the warehouses also has a blank designation for a bin the others all have some type of bin information.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Apparently someone added a plant that was unnecessary to several parts. When I attempt to remove the plant from the part I get an error:

Delete not allowed.  Referenced by at least one Inventory Transaction.

There has never been a transaction done to any of the parts with the plant in question.

Any ideas?

I found that I could not delete a reason code because it was used by at least one Inventory Transaction.

I found that the reason code was the same in Inventory adjustment and DMR.

It only checked the reason code – not the reason type.

Did the part have the same bin? Warehouse in the added plant as the current plant?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 4:48 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Unable to Delete a Plant from Part

Apparently someone added a plant that was unnecessary to several parts. When I attempt to remove the plant from the part I get an error:

Delete not allowed.  Referenced by at least one Inventory Transaction.

There has never been a transaction done to any of the parts with the plant in question.

Any ideas?

The warehouses are different and there is no bin designated (bin parameter is blank). Under the 'primary' plant there are several warehouses and one of the warehouses also has a blank designation for a bin the others all have some type of bin information.