Unable to return parts from jobs since new updated to ERP 10?

We are using Epicor 10.2 (cloud based platform), an update or something happened and now its a crap shoot as to what can be returned from jobs to inventory. Some jobs allow returning of parts but most recently, I’m getting this message when trying to return a part, “Cannot move more than currently exists in WIP in this location.” The job was issued more than required, assembly was built and passed through QA, but Epicor won’t let me return the over-issued remaining quantity back to inventory.

Is there a setting or box I need to uncheck to allow this action to take place?

I used to be able to issue and return parts from jobs as many times as needed, but over the last month or so, its like only 10% of parts returned from jobs are allowed and can’t figure out why that is.

Need help with this fix please.

Thank you,
C.

Are you sure you are not on Epicor 11…?

Return material from job not enough wip

I may be on Epicor 11. How do i know for sure? I got a bubble when opening Epicor this morning about “What’s New for 2021.2” so maybe i do have the 11?

Correct

Ok thank you for your help. Following up on this. What would you suggest I do when it comes to returning parts from Incomplete / WIP / Complete / Closed jobs. Unless I don’t have access to certain modules because “Return Material” doesn’t allow returns at the moment it seems but all I can see when searching Epicor for ‘Salvage’ i have options of: “Job Receipt to Salvage Handheld” (have handheld scanners but unable to connect it to Epicor because I’m not sure what the “Host URL” would be in order to connect to the cloud servers, maybe you could help with that later), “Job Receipt to Salvage Handheld”, “Job Receipt to Salvage”, and “Return Salvage Request.” If I need to request to have access to a different module please let me know which one I should be using.

Thank you,
C.

I think you need to contact support, if you are actually on 2021.2.

The issue I linked sounds similar, but wasn’t introduced until 2022.2.3.
It was fixed in a patch to 2022.2.7.

Ok thank you for your help.

I have a quick question about comments on parts. Where can I place a comment for a part that, when released to purchasing, will show the comment about how to buy? Will the comment be associated with the part every time the part is released to purchasing? I know when a “Requisition Entry” is made the comments placed on that part request will show up in the “PO Suggestions Viewer” but would like to do something like this but for a specific group of parts like creating a no cost PO for VMI parts not being tracked by Epicor because they aren’t quantity bearing. I think it would be a valuable resource to issuing VMI parts to jobs, but also letting purchasing defer from purchasing material we already have. Let me know if this is something that can be done.

Thank you,
C.

We don’t use PO Suggestions, and poking around I don’t see anything obvious.
You may have to roll your own.

ok thanks. I’ll see what I can come up with.

This thread can be completed.

Thank you,
C.

1 Like