Unable to set GL Control at Site Configuration

@varanimesh
Could you send me the screen shot of the error .

Hi @prash172, here are the screenshots

@varanimesh
Check whether GL control code is defined ?
Menu Path:- Finance Management -> General Ledger -> Setup -> GL Control Code

If the above setup is complete, then go to company configuration. Assign the inventory GL control code.

Thank you @prash172 will do so and revert back.

Hello @prash172, we have set the GL control codes for Inventory COS and WIP, also set it at the GL Control Code level,

But we still get an error. Please assist.

Screenshots attached.

@varanimesh
Finance management -> General ledger -> Setup -> GL Control Type
Select inventory cos and wip and add Plant configuration as the value to the business entity.
This will enable the gl control type in the plant configuration under inventory.

what type of inventory transaction are you posting ?
What are the segments in the COA ?

Have you set the default GL Control Codes at the Company level?

@prash172 we are posting, customer shipment, cost and qty adjustments, and purchase receipts for stock related transactions.

The segments are Natural account and Branch (division), we do not use departmental segment.

@jkane Yes we have

@prash172 we have set the Part Class IDs and Product Group (with their respective GL Control Codes)

It’s not real. Support confirmed this for me last year.

@varanimesh, I think this comment was meant for this thread…

But regardless, your note helped - I didn’t realize the part about not being able to post.

OK, so the error is “can not set up Journal Code.” I don’t see what led you to thinking that the problem is this Plant Configuration GL Code. I feel like these are unrelated.

Can you elaborate on those other error messages that say, “locked by manager… Reviewing in 11 R…”

Hello @JasonMcD

May be I should ask the question as follows:

If we set the Part Class GL account and Product Group GL account , should that not be sufficient for a Journal code to be generated? (these will offset the inventory and sales account respectively)

This is when we perform a sales cycle, (customer shipment and AR Invoice)
The customer GL Control has been set.
Must we also have to set up the account at the Part GL control account as well.

Since the Inventory COS and WIP has only balance sheet related accounts.

I’ve never seen this “journal code” error before, and I am surprised that there are no other posts on this site about it either, as far as I could tell.

There are some hits on EpicCare, and they say what everyone here has said - make sure you have a GL code on the company config. And it looks like you do.

In a word, no. Not always. There’s a hierarchy (have you downloaded the tech ref from EpicWeb?).

But to cut to the chase, in your da01 GL code setup (the company COS/WIP one), I implore you to have an account number filled in for every required “context.”

Maybe you are thinking, but I don’t want it to use the company setting! Well, sure, I get that.

What we do is use “suspense” (9999) as a placeholder in those cases (see pic below). This way when we run the Inventory WIP Reconciliation Report, anything that hits suspense (9999) is a big red flag and MUST be fixed before capturing the transactions.

This brings up a question: are you using the Inventory WIP Reconciliation Report? It’s a must.

1 Like

FWIW - I cannot add a GLC in Site Config (when I search for a type) nothing comes up in the search).

I can add a GLC in Site Maintenance, but only of type Division. We actually use this GLC type to override the Div segment in Site related GL accts

One thing I’ve found is that if a GL acct derived from the Division substitution doesn’t exist, it reverts back to the acct w/o the substitution.

For example, our company Config has a GLC of type Inventory COS and WIP, with an Inventory context assigned GL Acct 1151-00-01. The Site Maintenance on one of our secondary sites (GUTH), has a GLC (of type Division) with the Division context set to ____-11-__ (those are blanks in the first and 3rd segment)

So any gl trans in site GUTH to the Inventory account actually hits 1151-11-01, instead of 1151-00-01

Have you enabled the PE Log and then re-run the Capture COS/WIP process?

Hi @JasonMcD

find the attached screenshots,

Hello All,

Today when upon running the capture cos\wip, seems it is going fine, with no errors,

1 Like

Hopefully all is working again. But before you break out the champagne, you sure the Capture COS/WIP was run with the same settings?

And BTW - Your screen shot of the WIP Recon report shows just two credits, ending with .60 and .70. But the total credits ends with .33

That can’t be a rounding error on just those two accounts. The most each could be would be .60499, and .70499 which only add up to 1.30998 (which rounds to .31, not .33)

Hello @ckrusen the report is 17 pages.
The debit side shows more entries may be because we entered opening balances using the Qty Adj and Cost Adj?
We have also passed a few purchase and sales entries hence the payables and sales revenue accounts.