Understanding Work in Process Report and matching with WIP account

Hi,

I’ve been looking for a way to report WIP total value and see a breakdown of costs on jobs. I’ve looked at the Work in Process report, which looks like what we need. However, I’m unsure why it shows minus values - e.g. for Labour, Overheads and Materials. Does anyone know why this might be?

I was also expecting the totals on this report to match the current balance in the WIP account within the GL- is my understanding correct? Currently there’s a big difference between the two but I haven’t figured out why. I’ve tried running the ‘Capture COS/WIP activity’ process, but this doesn’t resolve the issue.

Many thanks for any help!

1 Like

We are looking into this now too. Someone else pointed out this post to me, which has some good info, if not a solution.
Negative WIP Balances - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

I think that’s a dangerous assumption. It’s probably about as valid as comparing the inventory GL to the Stock Status Report (which is something that shouldn’t be done!).

System based GL accounts (ones that the system should be the only thing making entries against, like WIP and Inventory GL’s), often have some later process that accounts for the differences you see between the report and the GL report.