UOM Conversion Process & Reporting

Hi,

I would like to know how can you work around with UOM conversions in Epicor.

Example:
There is a product that has 12packets in 1box (1box=12pkts) and i want to fix this in epicor, and lets say i purchase 10boxes and then i sell 8boxes &10pkts.
and also when i print my stock report i want the report to show inn Quantity as 2boxes & 2pkts.

@anon29396251 Welcome. It would show as two different UOMs, but will show each of them if you check track multiple UOMs. It would be 26 pkts or 2.1667 boxes.

Thanks @gpayne however we dont want to show it in decimals.

Like how we are maintaining in our current accounting package (TALLYPRIME) as per screenshot below:

@anon29396251 I am not aware of any report that would do that, but it would not be too hard to make a stock status dashboard that would show in full containers and take the remainder into Eaches.

So no possibility of maintaining in EPICOR as per our current accounting system i…e.TALLYPRIME

Just build a BAQ report and do the calculations in the BAQ.

Do you just want certain screens and reports to break it into boxes and packs? Or do you wish to be able to enter qtys of boxes and packlike, “4 bx 2 pk” for four boxes plus two packs(for 50 packs total)?

Maybe you need two different part numbers. One for a single packet, and one for a box containing 12 packets. This would be especially so if once you break a box, you can’t just combine packets to make a new box.

Thanks @ckrusen well i want to be able to have options to enter both

I think i am going wrong somewhere, can anyone please help with the whole process from creating UOM to UOM CLASS to UOM CONVERSION to PART CREATION to PURCHASES ORDER.

Example:
i want to create a part lets say TEST PRODUCT which has 24PCS(PIECES) in 1CTN (CARTON)

How can i create the above so the conversion process is smooth allowing me to sell and purchase in both carton and pieces.

Note: the 24PCS in 1CTN should be fixed to this product.

I know there exists a new-ish “Advanced UOM” module in Epicor, but I don’t have any knowledge of how it works and what it does. There does seem to be a few conversations about it here on the forum.

But agreed with the others, just pick one or the other UOM (the smaller one if you’re trying to avoid decimals) and create reports to show it as desired.

I mean, it’s no different than Excel storing a datetime as 44979.4854166667 instead of 2/22/2023 11:39:00 AM. It’s all formatting.

There is probably a UOM Class already created called “Count”, that has a UOM Conversion of “EA” inside it. If there isn’t, let me know.

Now open the UOM program, and create a UOM called CTN, with a description of Carton, and a symbol of whatever you want to appear on printed documents. I’d recommend UNCHECKING the “Allow Decimals” checkbox unless you KNOW you want to be able to buy or sell 0.02 of a carton.

Save this.

Now go back into UOM Class Maintenance, open the Count class. In the UOMs List, click the “plus” sign towards the right of the screen to create a new conversion. The bottom row of the grid now opens for input. In the UOM Code column, select the CTN conversion you just created, and some of the other fields in that row will populate. Scroll over to the right and check the box in the Part Specific column, then click Save. This creates the ability to add a CTN on each part number, and each part number can have its own definition of how many pieces are in a carton. Close UOM Class.

To set your part number for 24 pieces to a carton, open Part, and bring up your part number. this part number needs to have its UOM Class set to “Count” (or whatever UOM Class you just added the CTN value to). In the navigation tree on the left of the screen, choose UOMs, and a grid will appear with your CTN value in the listing. Notice that the checkbox in the Part Specific column is selected, and the value in the Factor selection is open for input. Enter 24 in the Factor column, then click SAVE.

You’re done.

Now whenever you enter this part number in a sales order or a purchase order, the CTN value will appear in your dropdown list of UOM codes, and it will know that there are 24 eaches in every carton.

@Ernie many thanks for your input, what you suggested has succesfully worked for our scenario, however the second uom is not locking to the specific product.

Example in a Sales Order Entry:
Lets say we have Product A (1ctn = 24pcs) & Product B (1ctn = 24 Jars) and i select Product B but it gives me the option of selecting all the UOMs i.e Jars, Pcs etc.
However, I just want the system to show the UOM that are specific to this Product B i.e. Ctn & Jars only.

As you can see in the screenshot below:

Please Help !

In the Part master, if you set the Sales UM to the CTN value, then that value will default on all sales orders for that part. However, the dropdown will show all the other values available in the COUNT class. If you want to limit the view to only certain possibilities, that would require a customization.

Thanks.