Updatable Dashboard Error

Hello Everyone,

I created an updatable dashboard to update the PriceList Code and the Override Price List check box. I ran the test in the dashboard prior to deployment and appeared to work properly. Now that I have it setup menu the screen works as expected. The information allows to be changed, but not I get the following error.

If anyone has an Idea how I fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

Are your server logs in verbose mode? If not then set them to verbose and look in there to find if there are more details on when it is failing.

I ran my updatable BAQ of the same and got this error. I may be the reason I got the other error.

In the tutorial I was given didn’t mention BPM. Does anyone have information on how this should be setup? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance.

Miguel

I was trying to spin up my E9 environment, but it would not come up. I think there was a generate directive button on the lower right side of one of the update tabs that will make the updateable bpm.

Hello Greg,

Here is a picture of my screen.

I did hit the regenerate BPM Directive and re-deployed the dashboard with the same result.
My query is have the Price List Code and the Overide Price List check available to update.

I would appreciate your insight, this is my first updatable dashboard as you can tell from the problems I am having.

Thank you.

Miguel

@RC2020
Select the Business object SalesOrder instead of SalesOrdHedDtl

Hello Prashanth,

Below is my screen shot before I run my test.

Below is after in Regenerate the BPM with the change and do my test of the BAQ.

Please let me know if any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

@RC2020
Select ttOrderHed and ttOrderDtl

Hello Prashanth,

Changed by setup and checked the boxes and now I get no errors. But now my dashboard doesn’t update the pricelist code I am trying to change.

See below:

Now, I need to find out now, why it is not updating. I don’t get any errors when I hit the save button.
But then I hit refresh and change I made reverts back.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

@RC2020
Could you share the screen shot of “General Properties”
Have you set all the fields to update ?

Hello Prashanth,

Below is a screen shot of the General Properties.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

@RC2020
Select update for the below listed and the mandatory fields.
OrderHed.OrderNum
OrderHed.Company
OrderDtl.Company
OrderDtl.OrderNum
OrderDtl.OrderLine

Hello Prashanth,

Below is my screen as it stands. I added the fields to my query, but I was not allowed to make any of the fields mandatory, other than the ones already selected.

Maybe I am doing the wrong selection. Below is the 2 fields I want to be able to update on my dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

@RC2020
Select “Update check box” for below listed fields.

OrderHed.OrderNum
OrderHed.Company
OrderDtl.Company
OrderDtl.OrderNum
OrderDtl.OrderLine

Here are a couple of samples that work to update these fields. With UBAQs you need to have all of the primary keys in the baq. make sure to deploy your dashboard and run the assembly and not runtime from the menu.

Update sample.dbd (96.5 KB)

UBAQ905Sample.baq (21.3 KB)

Hello Greg,

Thanks for the sample I updated the record using the BAQ Sample you provided and it updated the record according to the BAQ.

I open the sales order and don’t see the changes, how do I update the screen to reflect the changes?

See below:

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

A lot of time Epicor will save both the code and the description. If you rerun the query is the code still updated? If it is the new code then this will require some coding to validate the new code and change the description. Have you done any ABL coding?

Hello Greg,

No, am pretty new to Epicor 9 but definitely not afraid of coding, coming from a Unix environment. If you can point me the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Miguel

Yes, If I run the query the information stays with the last update I did. Yet the record seems untouched, I feel the screen is just not refreshing since I did it from the table and the not the application screen.

Thank you.

Miguel

@RC2020 This one has two oddities with it. One I can solve and the other I can’t, but it works without it.

1. When you open field help it shows the field as BreakListCode and you have to set it and PriceListCode
    2, When a trace is run it shows BreakListCode AND PriceListCodeDesc being updated, but PriceListCodeDesc is not in the database and I can’t update it.

I am sure there are ways around that as it looks like it is in the dataset and probably could be changed that way, but my ABL skills never go there. The good news it that if you set both codes as I did the the new advanced UBAQ attached it changes the display when you refresh the order.

This UBAQ uses advanced only updating with ABL coding, so you do not regenerate the bpm code, just edit the ABL validate it, save and get list to test. You will need to add SysRowID to your baq as that is what is needed to find the row you want to update.

UBAQ905Sample-advanced.baq (21.9 KB)