Updating JobMtl Record during Get Details with BPM

Thanks everyone! Just needed to do this in quoting and adapted the data directive for QuoteMtl.BuyIt and it worked first time.

1 Like

What if I want to filter this action by part class

do a create query condition in which you join the ttpart number to the part table, and only include the part classes you want.

Why am I not seeing that condition?

It’s amazing how much you loose when you take a year off from this stuff. Thanks for the nudge in the correct direction.

1 Like

I keep getting the following error

The error seems to be associated with my query criteria. I feel like I am missing something that is glaringly obvious to someone else.

What happens when you put single quotes around your ‘160’ constant?

Yup just before you replied that is what I tried and it worked. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s one of those things where it looks like a SQL BAQ, but it’s actually C# so some of the rules change. I wish they would fix that. (by fix I mean just make a more intelligent error message, and preferably one that shows up earlier)

Why can’t I get this query to work?

It should be ‘Glass’ (single quotes), and I don’t know what * are going to do. Are you trying to find something that contains glass? Try Like.

When I try single quotes I get the following error.image

When I use double quotes “Glass” it works but keeps returning false. Am I not using the wildcards properly?

try %

Still returning false. The record has Glass right in the description but always has text before and after.

I’m trying some stuff too. Instead of = try matches.

False again

run a message box with the rows to see what’s actually coming back. What does your condition look like? Do you have the logic set up right in that?

Try this condition instead. (obviously with your tables and constant)

I couldn’t get the query to work with wild cards either, and honestly it’s probably not a good thing to do performance wise.