Upgrading from 5.2 to 8.03 - Consultant needed

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Jacob Dybala <jacobdybala@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> We are looking at upgrading one of our facilities from
> Vantage 5.2 to Vantage 8.03. We can successfully
> upgrade from 5.2 to 6.1 and from 8.0 to 8.03 but we cannot get the 6.1 database
> upgraded to 8.0 (Progress 9.1 to OpenEdge 10). Does anyone here provide consulting services that would help us with
> this migration?
> If you are interested, please contact me at jdybala@...
> Thanks,
> Jacob Dybala
> Vice President Information Technology
> IMS Companies, LLC
>
>

Sounds like you are missing a very simple step. If you are able to do the other conversions this one shouldn't be much more difficult or different.

The upgrade from 6.1 to 8.0 is done by executing the program from the 8.0 cd.

How are you trying to do this?

If you are having going from progress 9 to 10 specifically what I did was install both 9 and 10 (btw it is ok to simply go to 10.1b which is what I did, I skipped 10.0) on the same server (virtual server works ok), also I installed Vantage 6.0 (we went from 6.0 to 8.3) 6.1, 8.0, 8.3. On this server. The only catch is that progress 9 and progress 10 couldn't be running at the same time.

Here are some simple steps:

install progress 9 and 10.1b (or whatever highest version that is compatible with 8.0)

install 6.1 and 8

restore the converted db onto the 6.1 db
run the utility from the 8.0 cd on the restored 6.1 db

from then you can continue your path to 8.3 on whatever method you have already in place.

I realize that you asked for consulting help, but to me this is simple enough to do on your own considering what you already accomplished.
Hi,
We are looking at upgrading one of our facilities from
Vantage 5.2 to Vantage 8.03. We can successfully
upgrade from 5.2 to 6.1 and from 8.0 to 8.03 but we cannot get the 6.1 database
upgraded to 8.0 (Progress 9.1 to OpenEdge 10). Does anyone here provide consulting services that would help us with
this migration?
If you are interested, please contact me at jdybala@...
Thanks,
Jacob Dybala
Vice President Information Technology
IMS Companies, LLC

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]