User Training Techniques

I held "Wednesday Nuggets of Information" sessions. Every Wednesday, in 15 minute segments, we covered everything from MRP to why data integrity is important to how to key specific actions. I gave them bits of information that they could digest and use in small doses. They didn't get bored and tune me out, it wasn't a disruption to production like one long session would be. I have defintiely seen an improvement in data accuracy. It didn't hurt that I bribed them with cookies every week!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jgiese1988" <epicor-team@...> wrote:
>
> Looking for some techniques for user training. We want to figure out how to get across to our employees the importance of doing things in sequence, and convey to them why they are doing what they are doing. May people cannot see the value in why we punch in and out of jobs, or scan everything, etc. How do we impress upon them why this is important and how it works in the grand scheme? Any advice?
>
Looking for some techniques for user training. We want to figure out how to get across to our employees the importance of doing things in sequence, and convey to them why they are doing what they are doing. May people cannot see the value in why we punch in and out of jobs, or scan everything, etc. How do we impress upon them why this is important and how it works in the grand scheme? Any advice?
I like to show them the effects of their proper data input. Show them cool
reports, dashboards, how it helps the biz overall, etc. Use the training DB
if necessary that has all the "right data" in it.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
jgiese1988
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:10 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] User Training Techniques

Looking for some techniques for user training. We want to figure out how to
get across to our employees the importance of doing things in sequence, and
convey to them why they are doing what they are doing. May people cannot see
the value in why we punch in and out of jobs, or scan everything, etc. How
do we impress upon them why this is important and how it works in the grand
scheme? Any advice?

No virus found in this message.