Using "bill to" e-mail in proforma invoice

When we print the default SSRS ProForma report, the e-mail address of the customer is being pulled from Customer.EMailAddress. However, what we really want is the e-mail of the contact at the company which has the “Billing” flag checked in the Customer Maintenance > Contacts > Detail screen which corresponds to Contact.PrimaryBilling . This doesn’t look trivial by any means, due to the fact that the Contact table is not being passed to the report and also the fact that some kind of query would be needed to find the specific contact record with the billing flag set.

My initial thinking was that I could use one of the user-defined fields in the OrderHed table such as UserChar1, creating a data directive BPM to synchronize the billing e-mail address to this field whenever a change is made. But this seems a bit heavy handed and I was wondering if I’m on the right track or if there is a better way to approach this.

I’m also wondering if not having the address of the billing contact in the customer e-mail address is the problem. Are we using this field wrong? Would it be better to migrate the billing contact e-mail to this field for all our customers (either as a one-time thing like a DMT or a BPM) and make an effort going forward to maintain the field in this way?

Emailing is becoming tricky with different customer needs. Few customers have a requirement to send different emails for Order Ack, ProForma Invoice, Delivery Docket, AR Invoice and Customer Statement that too with multiple email address and few needs to at ShipTo contact, centralised AP processing, third party AP processing, etc.

With Epicor’s email field becoming restricted to 50 characters, I ended up adding a few additional fields in customer, ship-to and contacts with configuring rules to whom to send to and populate that in Sales Order or pick that information in Reports. With APR, it is better to store in the Database field as suggested by Calvin yesterday in one of the posts. Create UD field with at least 200 characters which will support at least 4 email address.