Vantage 6 F-Key Template or Guide

Many thanks Todd,

I have that info from the Help menu, but it's not what he was looking for.  I think he is mistaken and what he is looking for just is not there.  The right-click info is sure helpful though and I appreciate that!

I've only been dealing with Vantage for a little less than 2 years.  My CFO swears he used to have a keyboard template for the F-Keys and that he could hit an F-key and get a window to pop up that showed the tables and fields that were in use by whatever he was running.  I cannot find this magical template or anything related to all revealing window anywhere.

Has anyone else come across either of these?

Thanks,

Jeff

It’s been a couple years since I used Vantage 6.1 much (but still have it running for historical data).  Nearest I can recall is that on forms you can right click on an “empty” area of the form and get a menu that included a way to see fields in use  - although not necessarily the DB fields.  But it often gave a good idea  of where to go look further.

I’ll take a spin over to the V6.1 server and see if it jogs any memories for F-Keys.  Sure do miss the F6 print that is absent from E10.  Then again Copy to Excel make sup for that big time.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:10 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage 6 F-Key Template or Guide

I've only been dealing with Vantage for a little less than 2 years.  My CFO swears he used to have a keyboard template for the F-Keys and that he could hit an F-key and get a window to pop up that showed the tables and fields that were in use by whatever he was running.  I cannot find this magical template or anything related to all revealing window anywhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

Here are the F keys from Help:

[F1]        Display online Help system.

[F2]        Execute the OK function.

[F6]        Prints the current window on the session printer.

[F7]        Recall field (restore field to when window was first displayed).

[F8]        Clear field from cursor to end of field.

[F12]      Display the Program Call List; the last entry identifies the program currently active.

This was from Vantage 5.2 help but should be the same for 6.x.

I also checked the right clicking on the blank area and it really has to be blank – as in not within a boxed area – if nothing happens try somewhere else on the form.  The Control List shows the fields.

-Todd C.

Thanks,

Jeff

They did exist…I saw a few back in 2009 with them on it.  I have no idea where they got them, but I assume from EPICOR.

Make your own? 

http://shop.hooleon.com/collections/function-keys/products/keyboards-stickers-diy-12-function

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 9:32 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Vantage 6 F-Key Template or Guide

Here are the F keys from Help:

[F1]        Display online Help system.

[F2]        Execute the OK function.

[F6]        Prints the current window on the session printer.

[F7]        Recall field (restore field to when window was first displayed).

[F8]        Clear field from cursor to end of field.

[F12]      Display the Program Call List; the last entry identifies the program currently active.

This was from Vantage 5.2 help but should be the same for 6.x.

I also checked the right clicking on the blank area and it really has to be blank – as in not within a boxed area – if nothing happens try somewhere else on the form.  The Control List shows the fields.

-Todd C.

To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com

Thanks,

Jeff