[Vantage 8.03.409C] Sales Order quantity mass change

Hi Jay,

Looks like it was a self-inflicted then
There is no issue turning this off, at some point someone thought this was a good idea.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jeppersn
Sent: 20 March 2013 17:56
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: [Vantage 8.03.409C] Sales Order quantity mass change

First of all, I don't know anything about BPM's (yet), as I have only been using Vantage for about 2 weeks now, so if I am way off, feel free to point it out...

After seeing your post, I started poking around in the SalesOrder.ChangeSellingQuantity directive... I found a pre-process BPM, with the condition: "the ttOrderDtl.SellingQuantity field has been changed from any to any" and the action: "show informational message based on the Order Qty has been changed template".

I disabled that BPM and the informational message is no longer showing up, so, problem solved (I think).

My questions now are: will disabling this BPM have any other effect besides just disabling that message? If not, is there any reason to re-enable the BPM?

Thanks for all the help!

Jay

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Stephen Edginton <stephene@...<mailto:stephene@...>> wrote:
>
> To temporarily stop this warning
> Crete a Post Process BPM on SalesOrder.ChangeSellingQuantity
> And set the parameter cSellingQuantityChangedMsgText = ""
>
> This will stop the warning from being displayed each time in the UI.
> Other options are using DMT which will work and allow you to update existing as well as create the lines in the first place.
>
> Thanks,
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of jeppersn
> Sent: 20 March 2013 16:58
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] [Vantage 8.03.409C] Sales Order quantity mass change
>
>
>
> I am having an issue and would like suggestions from those of you with much more experience to find a permanent solution.
>
> Scenario: A sales order is entered and needs to be updated after being saved into Vantage. For example, a large order was entered into Vantage yesterday (368 lines of various items, quantities, etc.). Today, the customer sent in an updated order form, where the items are the same, but the quantites of every item has changed.
>
> If a CSR tries to go down the list and manually change the quantity of each item, there is a 3-4 second pause after changing the quantity and pressing tab, after which an Information Message pops up, that states, "The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary." The CSR has to press "OK" before going to the next line. It is an extremely time-consuming process. If we copy the lines into Excel, then paste update the data with updated quantities back into Vantage, it speeds the process a bit, but you still get the same information message between each line, so you have to sit there for 20 minutes or more, repeatedly pressing "OK".
>
> Is there a way to temporarily disable this information message, or a better way to update the quantities?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jay
> IT Manager
> Versa-Tags, Inc.
>
> Information Message Caught:
>
> Information Message Detail:
> ============
> Version: 1
> Program: SalesOrder
> Method: ChangeSellingQuantity
> User: JAY
> Company: VT
> Plant: MfgSys
>
> Message: The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary.
> Severity: InfoMessage
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I am having an issue and would like suggestions from those of you with much more experience to find a permanent solution.

Scenario: A sales order is entered and needs to be updated after being saved into Vantage. For example, a large order was entered into Vantage yesterday (368 lines of various items, quantities, etc.). Today, the customer sent in an updated order form, where the items are the same, but the quantites of every item has changed.

If a CSR tries to go down the list and manually change the quantity of each item, there is a 3-4 second pause after changing the quantity and pressing tab, after which an Information Message pops up, that states, "The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary." The CSR has to press "OK" before going to the next line. It is an extremely time-consuming process. If we copy the lines into Excel, then paste update the data with updated quantities back into Vantage, it speeds the process a bit, but you still get the same information message between each line, so you have to sit there for 20 minutes or more, repeatedly pressing "OK".

Is there a way to temporarily disable this information message, or a better way to update the quantities?

TIA,

Jay
IT Manager
Versa-Tags, Inc.

Information Message Caught:

Information Message Detail:
============
Version: 1
Program: SalesOrder
Method: ChangeSellingQuantity
User: JAY
Company: VT
Plant: MfgSys

Message: The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary.
Severity: InfoMessage
Service Connect would work here...Maybe DMT (I do not have experience with DMT), Possibly there is a way to turn off the message in options? You do not mention which version of Epicor you are on...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jeppersn
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:58 AM
Subject: [Vantage] [Vantage 8.03.409C] Sales Order quantity mass change

I am having an issue and would like suggestions from those of you with much more experience to find a permanent solution.

Scenario: A sales order is entered and needs to be updated after being saved into Vantage. For example, a large order was entered into Vantage yesterday (368 lines of various items, quantities, etc.). Today, the customer sent in an updated order form, where the items are the same, but the quantites of every item has changed.

If a CSR tries to go down the list and manually change the quantity of each item, there is a 3-4 second pause after changing the quantity and pressing tab, after which an Information Message pops up, that states, "The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary." The CSR has to press "OK" before going to the next line. It is an extremely time-consuming process. If we copy the lines into Excel, then paste update the data with updated quantities back into Vantage, it speeds the process a bit, but you still get the same information message between each line, so you have to sit there for 20 minutes or more, repeatedly pressing "OK".

Is there a way to temporarily disable this information message, or a better way to update the quantities?

TIA,

Jay
IT Manager
Versa-Tags, Inc.

============

Message: The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary.

Sorry, I see you have the version in the subject (red face)

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:08 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] [Vantage 8.03.409C] Sales Order quantity mass change

Service Connect would work here...Maybe DMT (I do not have experience with DMT), Possibly there is a way to turn off the message in options? You do not mention which version of Epicor you are on...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of jeppersn
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:58 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

TIA,

Jay
IT Manager
Versa-Tags, Inc.

============

To temporarily stop this warning
Crete a Post Process BPM on SalesOrder.ChangeSellingQuantity
And set the parameter cSellingQuantityChangedMsgText = ""

This will stop the warning from being displayed each time in the UI.
Other options are using DMT which will work and allow you to update existing as well as create the lines in the first place.

Thanks,

Sent: 20 March 2013 16:58

TIA,

Jay
IT Manager
Versa-Tags, Inc.

============

First of all, I don't know anything about BPM's (yet), as I have only been using Vantage for about 2 weeks now, so if I am way off, feel free to point it out...

After seeing your post, I started poking around in the SalesOrder.ChangeSellingQuantity directive... I found a pre-process BPM, with the condition: "the ttOrderDtl.SellingQuantity field has been changed from any to any" and the action: "show informational message based on the Order Qty has been changed template".

I disabled that BPM and the informational message is no longer showing up, so, problem solved (I think).

My questions now are: will disabling this BPM have any other effect besides just disabling that message? If not, is there any reason to re-enable the BPM?

Thanks for all the help!

Jay

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Edginton <stephene@...> wrote:
>
> To temporarily stop this warning
> Crete a Post Process BPM on SalesOrder.ChangeSellingQuantity
> And set the parameter cSellingQuantityChangedMsgText = ""
>
> This will stop the warning from being displayed each time in the UI.
> Other options are using DMT which will work and allow you to update existing as well as create the lines in the first place.
>
> Thanks,
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jeppersn
> Sent: 20 March 2013 16:58
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] [Vantage 8.03.409C] Sales Order quantity mass change
>
>
>
> I am having an issue and would like suggestions from those of you with much more experience to find a permanent solution.
>
> Scenario: A sales order is entered and needs to be updated after being saved into Vantage. For example, a large order was entered into Vantage yesterday (368 lines of various items, quantities, etc.). Today, the customer sent in an updated order form, where the items are the same, but the quantites of every item has changed.
>
> If a CSR tries to go down the list and manually change the quantity of each item, there is a 3-4 second pause after changing the quantity and pressing tab, after which an Information Message pops up, that states, "The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary." The CSR has to press "OK" before going to the next line. It is an extremely time-consuming process. If we copy the lines into Excel, then paste update the data with updated quantities back into Vantage, it speeds the process a bit, but you still get the same information message between each line, so you have to sit there for 20 minutes or more, repeatedly pressing "OK".
>
> Is there a way to temporarily disable this information message, or a better way to update the quantities?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jay
> IT Manager
> Versa-Tags, Inc.
>
> Information Message Caught:
>
> Information Message Detail:
> ============
> Version: 1
> Program: SalesOrder
> Method: ChangeSellingQuantity
> User: JAY
> Company: VT
> Plant: MfgSys
>
> Message: The order qty has been changed. Please update the quantity on the job, if necessary.
> Severity: InfoMessage
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>