VendorNum BAQ not updating

Hi. I am looking to create an updatable BAQ to update the Supplier and Purchase Point in Part Maintenance\Sites\Detail. I’m thinking I need to update PartPlant.VendorNumVendorID but I do not see VendorNumVendorID in the PartPlant file. What can I do? Thank you.

Make sure to run a trace first to determine if any special methods are firing off when that field gets updated. In PartPlant, the field you want is VendorNum. I believe in most places you update the VendorNum, not the VendorID. Be sure to trace a manual change of those fields before you set yourself on just an updatable BAQ. IT will probably work, but there could always be something hiding in the background that a trace will pick up.
Trace Helper Utility for Epicor ERP 10 - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)
Good luck!

Edit: Make sure to close the trace file by unchecking trace and clicking OK.

I think I’m gaining but not there yet. When I tried to update the BAQ, I entered the new data, hit update and got the following:

Severity: Exception, Table: PartPlant, Field: , RowID: 7d390bee-f1d4-4e51-882c-c5b6c3c82cca, Text: Update of Part Site not allowed.

I am not sure what events or triggers will cause this error, but I assume if any jobs are created for this part (or perhaps even orders/quotes) then you may not be able to edit the part. Try creating a new part that doesn’t have any jobs or anything yet, then use your BAQ to see if you can update that test part. If your trace revealed other methods, you will have to use Advanced BPM Update Only, not the regular UBAQ Update.

I created a new part and received the same error. How would I check or know “If your trace revealed other methods”?

When you run a trace, it records all the BOs/methods that fire off. It records these in a file in a location you define. Before I start a trace I often ensure the file is empty, then I get my forms opened up to the task I want to perform. Once I am ready to perform the task I want to trace, then I turn on tracing, I perform the action, and then turn off tracing immediately. Be careful not to clear the trace file at this step! Open the trace and list out the various BOs/Methods you see.

Most of the BO/Methods will be unneeded and have to do with starting the trace and recording the log file. But there should be some BO/Methods in there that relate to changing the VendorNum. Unfortunately, figuring out which methods you care about takes some trial and error. Try to read into the BOs and method names to decipher what it might do. Usually if you are editing a part, then all the stuff you care about it in a “part” business object of some kind.

I did a quick trace and found that this is one of the bo/methods you might need to recreate in a UBAQ BPM.
businessObject - Erp.Proxy.BO.PartImpl
methodName - ChangePartPlantVendorID

How do you read/analyze a trace log? - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

trace1

From mine:
Erp.Proxy.BO.PartImpl
ChangePartPlantVendorID

By “need to recreate in a UBAQ BPM.
businessObject - Erp.Proxy.BO.PartImpl methodName - ChangePartPlantVendorID”, are you referring to the BPM Update Processing section under Update\Update Processing where you select a Business Object? Thanks for your help.

Here is a sample that will get you started. It is not the trace in this case since you are not writing the code, but you need to make a ubaq with all of the keys needed for the update. The second baq is for the Vendor ID or Name to VendorNum drop down list.

the samples are in E11. You version says 10. I can go back as far as 10.2.400 or I can post screen shots.

E10Vendors.baq (13.4 KB)
E10PlantVendID.baq (28.8 KB)

Thanks. I was unable to import due to the version.

I can do it in 10.2.400 and will do screen shots if you are earlier than that. once you see the steps it is pretty quick.

We’re on 10.2.100.12 although going to 23.1 in August '23.

You need to update using part, so you need these tables
You need the keys for part (Company, Part) and partplant (Company, Part, Plant) and the field(s) you want to update

Check the VendorNum field in update and use the part business object.

Make a simple Vendor baq with VendorNum and VendorID or VendorName for the dropdown used here in the Advanced Column Editor Configuration.

When you double click a row to test in the ubaq it should have a drop down

I think that covers it, but let us know if you get stuck.

The change did not save. There was no error reported this time. The other thing is I want to basically do a mass change through a dashboard where I can paste update so I’m not sure the drop down method helps.

DV_KFTEST.baq (37.6 KB)

Your baq worked to update for me. I had to refresh to see the new id and pur point.
Yes, if you are doing a mass change you will need the vendornum to paste in.

If you only want to see the mismatches you can add SubQuery Criteria

Thanks, Greg. Unfortunately it is not updating for me. I double click on a line, enter the new data in the popup and when I hit update, the old numbers go back into the grid.

We are currently testing Kinetic 23.1 and are planning to go live in August. I tried the UBAQ there and it worked fine. I’ll just wait and do the update in 23.1 when we go live.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan.